Betting on You by Jessie Evans

I struggled to connect with these characters and found myself skimming over portions of dialogue that felt tedious. Mason and Lark seemed to lack...something. I'm not sure what, but I was far more intrigued with Aria and her brief meeting with Nash. I didn't read anything that really made me care for these people. The story was hyperfocused on Mason's departure (and Lark's distrust), but we didn't SEE what sent him running. We were told, but it came across as "this happened" instead of feeling his insecurities, anxiety, etc.

Melting With You was better (much, much better with great emotion), but I'm torn with continuing the series. I do see potential, but I would hate to spend $5 on a book with less than 150 pages, especially if the story is as flat as this one. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is a fantastic story of love, forgiveness, and second chances. Mason leaves town the day after he proposes to Lark leaving her devastated. Now, four years later, he's asking for a second chance. Is he crazy?? This is one story you don't want to miss. Recommended to everyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Betting-On-You-Always-Bridesmaid-ebook/dp/B00FAYYWNC/ref=s... on you ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Betting on You, by Jessie Evans, is a story of trust, love and forgiveness. Mason, recently finished med school and joined a family medical group in Atlanta. That had been part of the plan all along. What had not been part of the plan was spending the last for years without contacting his fiancee. Well, she was his fiancee for one night. The morning after he proposed and she said yes he had left without telling her and now four years have past.
Evans writing style is easy to follow, book is well paced and keeps your attention. Mason's character is the only one we see well developed. The storyline is interesting. ( )
  Books4Nana | Jun 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,331,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible