The Cat in the Window and Other Stories of…

The Cat in the Window and Other Stories of the Cats We Love

by Callie Smith Grant

This is a collection of short stories about cats and their owners, from all walks of life - the magical and special bond that make up cat people.

When I'm asked to describe myself, I always say first that I am a crocheter and a big reader, and the next thing I say is that I'm a crazy cat person - I'd have a 100 if I could, and not just our Wedge-head (his real name is Wedgie, called that because he was found badly nourished and injured and wedged up into a tree).

There's a touching story starring a cat named Zorro - we had a beloved Zorro of our own, whom we lost several years ago after a long fight with kidney disease.

This is the type of book that is so hard for me to read, because I bawl through the whole thing, and it takes me forever because I have to keep stop reading because I'm a wreck and I have to go find where Wedgie is hiding and cuddle him close.
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
This is a fun book to read, and it does go fast. The stories are short, so if you have just a few minutes at a time, you can finish one quickly.
The book is a collection of true stories, and they of course, revolve around cats. Some of them are quite funny, and others very touching.
There are many types of cats as we all know, some are very aloof, and others won't leave you alone...all they want is attention.
No matter how they came into their lives, these cats leave their imprint on their owners, or feeders! Famous last words..."No he, she, can't stay".
This book will have you curling up with your cat, and having a comfy read.
You won't be disappointed!

I received this book through the Revell Book Reviewers Program, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Oct 28, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to my wonderful in-laws,
Joan and Jack, who truly treat me like a daughter.
Thanks so much for your love and support.

And it is dedicated to all the heroes
at humane societies, shelters,
and rescue organizations
whose ultimate goal is a world
in which such places
are no longer needed.
Introduction
Callie Smith Grant

Let's put to rest the silly competition between cats and dogs—or rather, between cat people and dog people.
The Cat in the Window
Callie Smith Grant

Suffice it to say that a lot of unfortunate factors conspired together in the case of Percy the cat. The details aren't necessary to this story, really, because in the end, they simply added up to one thing: Percy needed to pack up his pet carrier and move to a new home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:31 -0400)

People love their pets--cats more so than any other (or so the cats would like to think). And if there is anything cat-lovers enjoy almost as much as stroking their beloved feline friends, it's reading about cats. In the tradition and style of her previous smash hits, Callie Smith Grant brings readers a brand-new collection of uplifting stories about the amazing creatures that warm our hearts--and our laps! With stories from Melody Carlson, Jill Eileen Smith, Robert Benson, Kathi Lipp, and many others, The Cat in the Window offers the perfect excuse to curl up on the couch with a furry friend.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible