Her Ghost Wears Kilts by Kathleen Shaputis

Her Ghost Wears Kilts

by Kathleen Shaputis

411,664,912 (4)None

No tags.

** Review written for an originally posted on my blog, Book Bliss.I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**

Review: 4.5 stars

General: I do want to start with the title, I rarely do but I want to in this book. It was a great choice based on the humorous element in the book. It fit wonderfully and exposed the best details. That being said I wished it would have been something else as it is a little to on the nose to where had I not read the description I may have passed over it.

A very quirky book with something for everyone to love really from drag queens to romance to sentient ghosts! I thought it was great having a non conventional hero, it upped the book a lot adding different plot obstacles that aren’t always present. The world building for the rules of the afterlife was well thought out and I hope to see some more from it because it was laid out so well. The overall concept was strong.

However there were two elements that threw me out for the perfect 5 star review. The first was I almost felt it was too amusing for the category it is listed in. I loved the comedy but wasn’t expecting it to be such a central focus on the book and to an extent, felt it took away from the rest of the novel in some experience. The other was my strong love of the supporting characters of the main. Now anyone that’s been reading these reviews knows that my number 1 book love formed for a supporting character in book 1 and his book wasn’t until book 10 so it can happen. However I felt these supporting character and their hilarity stole the show and I would’ve liked to feel more invested in the romantic leads, Baillie and Kai, who were both fantastic separately but together I wanted a bit more.

Characters: Baillie: Baillie is such a fantastic female lead I do no know where to start. So I’ll start with her age, 50′s. I think it was wonderful to point out that leads don’t have to be 20 something year old virgins to be entertaining. She was full of spunk and drive and an inquisitiveness that made her easy to love.

Kai- Kai was a little bit more of a backseat hero than I am used to. He is the traditional young strapping alpha male with all the right traits, plus a sexy scottish accent that would make any woman love his ghostly self. He is also devoted and kind and a truly entertaining character based on his age difference to Baillie. I do wish he was a little bit stronger but he had me with his accent from the get go. ( )
  BookBliss2013 | Dec 11, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible