Torn by Monica Murphy

I've come to a conclusion. Ms. Monica Murphy cannot write a bad, or even an okay book. Everything she has written I have loved! And Torn is definitely tied for first, along with One Week Girlfriend right now. Gage? One of my favorite heroes. And Marina? Such a tough on the outside, soft on the inside character. They are two a puzzles pieces that just fit together perfectly. Their relationship was a new experience for me and I loved every minute of it. Gage and Marina set out with opposite goals. He wants to buy the shopping center that her bakery is in, and she wants his connection to Archer Bancroft to help keep said bakery stay afloat. What neither one of them expected was to feel such a strong pull toward the other.

"For once in my life, I want to leave myself vulnerable when it comes to a woman. But only for this woman. She has be so twisted up in knots I don't know if I'll ever be able to unravel them. I don't know if I want to wither."
~Gage

Gage is a self-proclaimed bachelor for life, and is only looking for another temporary bedmate. Marina, can't be bothered with relationships when her business is barely keeping its doors open. But when they meet, all their rationale goes out the window. When they met in the first scene I think I was as captivated by their banter and attraction as they were by each other. But, the beautiful thing about their relationship is that going into it, they both knew the score. She knew he was after the shopping center, and he knew she was fighting to keep it open. It was a very "eyes wide open" scenario. And slowly Gage and Marina were both willing to give up what they wanted in exchange for a thriving relationship. These two have such warring personalities. Only because they're both so headstrong. At first, there was no give on either end. But, the more they got to know one another and fell for each other, the more they began to give instead of demand.

"I wish we could go back to the car, where it's just the two of use. Wrapped up in our own little bubble, touching each other, kissing each other... Getting lost in one another."
~Marina

Gage and Marina both evolved so much throughout the book. It became more about being selfless than selfish... unless they were in the bedroom. Then it was fair game for all. And I tell you, this book is HOT! There's a car scene, a bakery scene.... I mean, if everyone had such explosive chemistry as these two we'd all walk around giddy as hell 24/7. Fear not though, there is substance to this story as well. And it's not just a been there done that story, it is a well crafted, humorous and engaging book. I feel like I say this every time I review one of Ms. Murphy's books but, she has outdone herself once again and I cannot wait for Matt to meet his match in the next book! ( )
  EmilyMcGee | Jan 7, 2014 |
3.5 Stars - Hot Steam

I was completely entertained by this gem of a romance. Marina and Gage laughably clash, spar and stumble their way into an explosive, all-encompassing love affair. With plenty of steam to spare, this well matched couple sizzles and sparks throughout the story. Their undeniable attraction and enviable chemistry inspires some truly salacious encounters.

Gage is a seriously swoon-worthy hero to love. He’s blazing hot with a playful, wicked mouth. His talents go way beyond the office. And his heart, sigh... Gage is endearingly thoughtful, tender and affectionate with Marina. She, equally starry-eyed and smitten with Gage, can’t control herself around him and understandably pounces on Gage every chance she gets. (Lucky girl!) Their happily ever after left me smiling and wishing for more.

Breezy, sweet and super sexy, Torn is hard to put down and a STEAL for only $0.99!

ARC courtesy of HarperCollins via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TheLustyLiterate | Dec 7, 2013 |
Review to come! ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |

Marina Knight came to this party for one thing only: to slap Gage Emerson in the face. Poised to snatch up her family's real estate empire, the sexy tycoon is on the verge of making an enemy for life, even if he can make her melt with a single kiss. When Gage discovers that the alluring woman before him is the key to his latest acquisition, claiming her as his suddenly doesn't seem quite so cut-and-dried. To get what he wants, he must get to know the fierce woman willing to face him down, as she steadily steals his heart. Gage's persistence and intense passion war with Marina's determination to protect her family. As they delve deeper into an affair they didn't see coming, Marina's torn: Will she lose her heart to Gage, or everything she holds dear?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,408,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible