Secret Surrender (The Secret Surrender…

Secret Surrender (The Secret Surrender Series Book Two)

by Priscilla West

This is the second book of the series. It delved a little further into the relationship between Kristen and Vincent. It shows how difficult it can be to keep the relationship going when the traveling gets in the way.
I love how protective Vincent became after he found out about Marty. I didn't agree though that Kristen kept the secret about Marty away from her roommate.

I look forward to the third book. The sex was so hot in the first two that it could burn up the pages at times. ( )
  lowekel | Feb 1, 2016 |
I really liked this book! The continuation for Vincent and Kristen was nice. I like the way their relationship is continuing. I'm a little worried about how much there is left to happen because there's only one book left, but the writing was well done and the character development is great for these two! ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
Secret Surrender by Priscilla West
Book #2: Forever Series
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

**CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK #1**

Secret Surrender opens exactly where book one ended, with Kristen tucked safely into Vincent’s arms and life. Waking up to Vincent is something Kristen could certainly get used to but things can’t always be sunshine and unicorns and book two certainly throws some kinks into the budding relationship.

Kristen is still very much all about the discretion but never getting to see Vincent because of work commitments is a little extreme. Vincent is the head of a billion dollar company and he is constantly on the move so alone time with a girlfriend isn’t always easy to come by. Additionally, Vincent’s business constantly puts him contact with some scantily-clad women which of course, causes Kristen’s level of anxiety to rise. Thanks to her past, Kristen has an incredibly difficult time trusting men and though she wants to trust Vincent, she finds it very difficult to do so given his schedule. The time apart is just as hard on Vincent and with Kristen’s past, his level of anxiety about leaving her is higher than normal.

Both Kristen and Vincent want to be together so when it’s possible, they make the time and make the most of the time they have. One of the more impressive and seriously hot moments for the duo involves some dirty cyber time and multiple orgasms. As if that weren’t enough, Vincent also whisks Kristen away to his private island for a weekend of fun, sun, boating, ex-girlfriends and, some really hot sex. As you might well imagine, the whole ex-girlfriend thing puts a serious damper on the weekend and causes Kristen’s insecurities to once again rise to the surface. Though Vincent assures her there is nothing to feel insecure and/or concerned about, Kristen is wary but willing to give her man the benefit of the doubt. As the weekend winds down, Vincent and Kristen leave paradise and return to the reality of their crazy lives.

As book two comes to a close, Kristen is finally allowing herself to trust Vincent and enjoy the crazy ride the two of them are on. In a moment of strength, Kristen decides to throw caution to the wind – discretion be damned! – and invites Vincent to an intimate dinner in the city. All is going well until Vincent excuses himself to go to the restroom and Kristen makes the mistake of looking at his cell phone. What Kristen sees shatters her trust, breaks her heart and causes her to run from Vincent as fast and as furiously as she can. Determined to ignore Vincent, Kristen turns off her cell phone and is fully prepared to yell at him and slam the door in his face when she makes the fateful decision open her apartment door without first looking to see who has come a calling.

The Bottom Line: Secret Surrender certainly does take everything up a notch. From the sex to the action, this book is filled with intense and highly charged moments that will have you flipping virtual pages as fast as you possibly can. As with book one, I am still head over heels for Vincent and loved getting more of his personal story in this read. Vincent doesn’t ever lie to Kristen and though his schedule is crazy and demanding he tells her clearly he is trying to make adjustments and allowances for her being in his life. Vincent’s actions support his words at every turn which leads me to the thing that brought this read down one star rating for me, Kristen. I will be the first to admit that I have no way of understanding the situation Kirsten has come out of and continues to deal with but her attitude gets damn old. Kristen is about as insecure as they come and doubts Vincent at every turn. She has a serious disregard for her personal safety and refuses to acknowledge that she has to deal with her past. Finally, Kristen has a tendency to overreact which causes far more drama than is necessary. Thankfully, Vincent is a patient and understanding man! As book two closes, things are certainly looking bleak for the couple and are about to get a whole lot worse. The final pages of this book are both sad and quite frightening as Kristen’s past literally knocks on her door. ( )
  arthistorychick | Jun 17, 2015 |
This novella is book 2 of the 3 book Surrender series. (None of which should be read as a standalone.)

Despite Kristen's reservations, her relationship ship with Vincent is growing (and definitely picking up the pace in this book!) Enter woman from Vincent's past. And so the angst begins...

Good pace continues as the story builds. Ready for book 3 to finish out this series.

I received this book in exchange for an honest book review. ( )
  Books007 | Oct 19, 2014 |
Secret Surrender
Priscilla West
ebook pages 224
owned
☆★☆

Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

OMG! THIS BOOKS HERE!
This book was definitely more spicy
than the first. the scenes are a little more graphic
than I like, but otherwise still a good book.
We watch Kristen grow with her company and
and in her relationship with Vincent.

Wow the ending, totally didnt expect it! My jaw is still dropped and now I MUST get my hands on book 3. just wow I am left speechless.

Secret Surrender is a nice quick read
I read it in 2 hours. I would categorize it as a light quick beach read. ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible