Keep Quiet by Lisa Scottoline

Keep Quiet

by Lisa Scottoline

This was Lisa Scottoline's first book that I have ever read and I will read more. It was very good. As a father you would do anything you could to protect your family, but how far is too far? A father works very hard to provide for his family and sometimes starts to lose touch with his children as they grow up. But not Jake. He wants to be the cool dad; he wants to be a bigger part of his son's life, and Pam, his wife, would like to see that as well. Jake makes a choice that will change all their lives forever. What would you do? How would you help your family? I will think about this book for a very long time.

Deb F. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.
  mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
This book is a lot like a bad Lifetime Movie.
It's hilarious ...

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Jun 19, 2017 |
Thought I would like this book after reading the cover synopsis. But I didn't. A tragedy occurred which the father chose to cover up and lie about to protect his son. Over and over and over you heard the same thing, "I'm sorry dad" and " don't worry son, I'll take care of it. Just don't tell anyone". And then the mother...... Just not a good book. Subject matter not handled well, characters not believable, very repetitive. ( )
  sarahjvigen | Mar 23, 2017 |
Keep Quiet is a riveting and fast-paced psychological suspense novel of lies, secrets and deception. It is the story of an accountant Jake Buckman, his wife Pam and their high school junior son Ryan. Keep Quiet explores the moral and ethical dilemmas that come to the fore out of one tragic incident.

The story unfolds as Jake goes to pick up Ryan from the movie theater. On the way home, Jake let Ryan drive even though it is after 11:00 and driving permit does not allow him to drive. They have tragic as Ryan briefly takes his eyes off the road as he enters a blind curve. . Keep Quiet is all about the split second decision that Jake made at that critical moment which changes everything. But can a secret remain a secret for long?
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |
I almost gave this a 4 or 4.5 simply because I didn't like the ending but didn't think that would be fair since I found it close to impossible to put it down. If it weren't for the need if sleep and work, I'm sure I would have read it in one sitting. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |

"Jake Whitmore is enjoying a rare bonding moment with his sixteen-year-old son, Kurt, when disaster strikes. They get in a terrible car accident that threatens to derail not only Kurt's chances at college, but his entire future. Jake makes a split-second decision that saves his son from formal punishment, but plunges them both into a world of guilt, lies, and secrecy. Just when Jake thinks he has everything under control, a malevolent outsider comes forward with the power to expose Jake's secret and taunts him to the breaking point. Keep Quiet is the powerful and gut-wrenching tale of the unraveling--and the ultimate redemption--of a family"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,648,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible