Seven Day Fiancé by Rachel Harris

Seven Day Fiancé

by Rachel Harris

197537,190 (4.25)None

If you like to read sweet romances, Seven Day Fiance is right up your alley. I love how Rachel is able to show how much characters pine for each other without going into the detail. Everything is sort of left in mystery, but you get the gist of what is going on.
I love Angelle. She’s set on proving that she can take care of herself. She just happens to get herself into a blunder with her family by telling small fibs. She’s such a fun character. She has insecurities just like everyone else, but is determined to stand on her own two feet despite her emotions. I also love Cane. He’s strong and protective. He’s also got a softer side that not many people get to see.
I love the chemistry between Angelle and Cane. They almost seem like polar opposites, but they both have more in common than they think. We get a peek into their past lives that has made them who they are now. The romance in SDF is sweet, and romantic, and so much fun.

I definitely recommend this book for anyone that likes fun romances. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book and it was wonderful!! While the basic premise isn't new - taking home a fake fiance to prove to the family your doing well - the story itself is fresh, fun, and sexy! You will root for the H/H Angelle and Cane from beginning to end. Wonderful read with a Cajun flair. Grab this one for a fun read. Highly recommended ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Rachel Harris is one of those authors I keep wanting to pick up and even have My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century on my to-be-read list, but ask anyone with a list and they’ll tell you, sometimes just don’t get around to it. When the opportunity came to participate in the blog tour for Seven Day Fiancé, I couldn’t pass up the chance and I’m so glad I participated! Seven Day Fiancé is the second book in the Love and Games series and if you haven’t read the first, Taste the Heat, it’s not necessary to enjoy Seven Day.
As for characterization, we have strong characters. Angelle is the youngest in her family and grew up full filling her parents’ wishes. When a long time family friend, Brady, asks her to marry him she turns him down and crushes her family’s expectations. She flees to Magnolia Springs and begins her new life as a firefighter while avoiding eye contact with the super delicious Cane Robicheaux. We learn a lot about Angelle when she’s back in Bon Terre among her family and friends. While some might criticize her for lying to her family and friends, she has a reason. We find out what happened to her older sister and how Angelle’s life was shaped because of her. And as the youngest, her family tries to protect her and she just wants to show them she can be independent and make her own choices. Now as to Cane…what I can say about him? I loved him off the bat! He cares for his sisters and is an honorable gentleman. Cane likes to keep his family’s history under wraps and you know you’ve earned his trust when he tells you about his family. I know I mentioned I loved him, but seriously I adored him! I loved the interactions between him and his niece as well as Angelle’s. We have a wide array of secondary cast members including Brady himself. I would have liked a little more one on one interaction between Brady and Cane, but in hindsight, I liked the way Harris sets things up and makes this about Angelle and Cane.

I’ve always been a fan of the fake fiancé plot despite the fact they all end the same way: couple gets together. There’s just something about pretending being in a relationship, fighting the attraction, and realizing you’ve fallen in love that just gets me excited. I adored Seven Day Fiancé! The writing is engaging with narration in third person. Although set in the South, I had no problem hearing the accent as I read and it’s rare for an author to convey that without the use of dialect. Harris also writes detailed scenes and it was easy to imagine the sights and sounds. There’s a particular scene where Angelle picks up a crackling (bite sized Cajun seasoned pork rind) and Cane eats it and you can just taste it.

What I really enjoyed about Seven Day Fiancé is how open Angelle and Cane were with each other. They both acknowledged an attraction and used that to their advantage. I also liked how Brady is a non issue. It could have easily gone the other route with this becoming a love triangle and readers wondering if Cane would win Angelle’s heart. In the end, I just enjoyed the protagonists. They felt real and the entire world Harris brings to life in Seven Day, made me wish I could take a vacation to both Bon Terre and Magnolia Springs.

If you’re looking to spend a day lost in a sweet romance I highly recommended Rachel Harris’ Seven Day Fiancé. Just a bit warning: you might find yourself craving some Cajun cuisine and planning a visit to Louisiana to find your own Cane. ( )
  winterlillies | Oct 30, 2013 |
SEVEN DAY FIANCE – A LOVE & GAMES NOVEL is written by Rachel Harris and published by the Entangled Bliss line. At over 150 pages it is priced at $2.99 on Amazon and released on 10/14/13. I was lucky enough to be approached by Entangled Bliss to do a “read & review” on SEVEN DAY FIANCE – and boy oh boy, am I ever glad that I did! I know I’ve said it before; Entangled is relatively new in the book biz, but they have SOLID authors in their stable & they sure kick it!

In SEVEN DAY FIANCE, Angie finds herself in a quandary. Having left her hometown after very publicly declining a marriage offer from her long-time “golden boy” boyfriend, Angie makes up a pretend boyfriend… who then becomes a pretend fiance… Cane. Only problem? She & Cane have never even talked much, more or less dated! Before Thanksgiving, Cane is maneuvered into participating in a Bachelor Auction by his sister – and since Angie has told her parents Cane, her fiance, is coming home with her at Thanksgiving – she panics and wins him in the auction. Cane’s always been intrigued by Angie so he agrees to help her out, figuring he’ll get some sheet action – but what he doesn’t realize is that she is a virgin.

Naturally they fall for each other… there are moments of panic… and there is a “happily ever after” – but in between all of that is a really great story about coming to terms with the difference between younger ideals and the realities that age brings. In addition, Rachel Harris has such a fun way of writing!

Brainscrambling kisses aside, Cane Robicheaux was a child-whispering, factoid-spouting, sister-protecting, amazing-smelling (a trait that cannot be left out) hunk of swoon-worthy material.

Really – should anyone pass up that adjective laden writing? N.O.!! She has other little nuggets of laugh-inducing text in SEVEN DAY FIANCE, but I always think you can get the best feel for an author by reading their bio – and Rachel Harris‘ shows a great self-deprecating spirit that comes across in her writing.

So much of an author’s day is spent staring at a blank screen, talking with imaginary friends, and scaring imaginary people in Panera when you unconciously act out the scenes you are writing. Or is that just me?

Don’t miss the first book in this “Love & Games” series, either – TASTE THE HEAT, which is Colby Robicheaux & Jason’s story (you will “meet” them in SEVEN DAY FIANCE, too). Great, heartwarming read for the carpool lane or when you’re bored to death at soccer practice (instead of turning to your Mom friend and whining, “Isn’t it over YET“??!!!???). Go on – go get it. Great price for the length, great writing, fun as all get-out story. If for nothing else, it may give you some dinner ideas with all the yummy Cajun cooking that happens in it! ( )
  SnarkyMom | Oct 14, 2013 |
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Wow. Are should I say, "Holy crap monkeys"? This is my first Rachel Harris book. Now I can't wait to go back and read the first book in this series. All of her characters are amazing people you can’t help but like and want to know.

If you follow my blog, then you know that I'm an Entangled Bliss lover. They're simply comfort reads for me. What I didn't expect going in reading this book was to laugh out loud and have a smile on my face throughout the whole book. But, Rachel managed to do it.

Angelle Prejean is a country Cajun girl from Bon Terre, Louisiana. At twenty-six-years-old, she’s the youngest of four children. After the death of her older sister, Angelle tried to ease everyone’s pain by doing what she was told to do or expected to do, act appropriately and not get into trouble. She ended up living a life she didn’t want to live. After breaking up with the guy her parents and town wanted her to marry, Angelle headed to the big city of New Orleans. Only she ended up settling down in a town called Magnolia Springs. In Magnolia Springs, Angelle made friends, became apart of a wonderful community, and developed a MAJOR crush on hunky bartender/restaurant owner, Cane Robicheaux.

Cane Robicheaux is a love them and leave them kind of guy. He doesn’t do committed relationships after what his father did to the family. Cane is Angelle’s roommate Sherry’s older brother. He is also her best friend, Colby’s brother.

Pretty much every since she’s moved to Magnolia Springs, Angelle has avoided going back home. She doesn’t want to be reminded of the heartache she’s caused her family and town by not marrying Brady Doucet. However, Thanksgiving is here and she has to show up for a week with her fiancé. Why oh why did she have to tell her mother she was engaged to Cane? Now this doe-eyed girl has to convince the man of her dreams, who goes against everything her parents approve of to pretend to be her fiancé for a week.

Cane owes Angelle for saving him from a fate worse than death. With his sisters’ nudging, Cane agrees to pretend to be Angelle’s fiancé. Plus, he thinks this would be a great opportunity to explore his attraction for her. Cane just isn’t prepared for the feelings Angelle brings out in him. What ensues is what dreams are made of. You get a heroine who is finally willing to come to terms with her past; be strong and stand up for herself. You also get a hero who is kind, loving and protective. Together there’s no way you can’t see that they belong together. In the end, how can a girl possibly say no to a guy who writes you a song, plays a guitar for you, and is willing to put on a scratchy, itchy Santa suit, just to see a smile on your face?

Source: Publisher ( )
  ReadYourWrites | Oct 14, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,111,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible