Negotiating with God by Kevin Rachel

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byalanrayreed

No tags.

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 089098543X, Paperback)

Life is negotiation. Life is all about our interactions with others-family, friends, colleagues, and most significantly, God-on our way to greater understanding, cooperation and intimacy.

From his informed perspectives on both faith and the law, Kevin Rachel-a Christian attorney-traces the often-neglected theme of negotiation throughout Scripture, exploring the many instances of men and women wrestling with the will of Almighty God. In his personal and appealing style, Kevin employs a first-rate storytelling ability to invite us into the lives of people determined to draw nearer to the God who, incredibly, welcomes us to the negotiating table. "Ask! Seek! Knock!" said God when he walked among us. "Explore my will! Communicate with me! Engage with me!"

Along the way, Negotiating with God asks us to examine more honestly many of our most fundamental and formative values: our assumptions about God, our prayer practices, our motives and behaviors in seeking resolution with one another, our uses of power, our understanding of Jesus our Mediator, and ultimately, our willingness to submit our wills to the Sovereign Lord of All.

There is no more profoundly important engagement than our interaction with the God who wills our greatest joy and our fullest redemption. This book will challenge you to enter into that "negotiation" with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

Ken R. Durham, Ph.D.
Batsell Barrett Baxter Chair of Preaching
College of Bible and Ministry
Lipscomb University
Nashville, TN

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:11 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,755,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible