Her Dakota Man by Lisa Mondello

Her Dakota Man (edition 2013)

by Lisa Mondello (Author)

Member:cristin_j
Title:Her Dakota Man
Authors:Lisa Mondello (Author)
Info:(2013), 190 pages
Tags:Contemporary Romance

Her Dakota Man (Dakota Hearts #1) by Lisa Mondello (Author)

I used to read this a long time ago and I didn't shelve this book in my Goodreads. Once again, the plot seems familiar and I picked it up... And I almost threw my kindle away... It's the disgusting book that I've read before. The conniving lying dead wife and they still love her despite her lies. She ruined lives and yet the HERO without fail, kept mentioning about her. How much he still loves her cos she gave him a son.

meh...
  janejane85 | Aug 28, 2018 |
Poppy and Logan

This story is a real heart breaker. So many, "If only"s; hard to keep the tears back. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Her Dakota Man by Lisa Mondello is a 2013 pubication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
When Poppy's best friend Kelly makes a startling death bed confession, it takes Poppy a year to bring herself to fullfill Kelly's dying wish. But, she knows it has to be done, so she leaves New York City and heads home to South Dakota. She has no idea how Kelly's husband, Logan will react to her just showing up unannounced. Logan has his hands full as it is with a young son and trying to repair major flood damage. Having the girl who was once his best friend and the girl he loved deeply suddenly pop back into his life sets his teeth on edge. He is mad at Poppy for so many things. Leaving and never coming back for one, not being around when Kelly was sick for another and now here she is making him remember their teenage years and for making him see how much he still wants her.
Well, my goodness! What a story. I read a great many novels so I seldom have a VERY strong emotional response to a story. This story had me choked up. It is a really difficult situation. Poppy and Kelly were best friends. Poppy and Logan had been in love, but Logan married Kelly. I can't tell you too much more than that, except that of course Poppy fulfills Kelly's dying wish by coming home to South Dakota and trying to explain to Logan why she left home and never came back until now. I CAN tell you that you should read this story! This is a novella with just about 115 pages so it won't take you long to finish it. While technically this book could be placed in the Western Contemporary genre, it will appeal to all contemporary romance lovers. I am now out to find more books by this author. A+ ( )
  gpangel | Feb 1, 2014 |

Everyone knows that the Dakotas didn’t get the name Badlands for nothing. Harsh weather and rough living are a way of life. But single dad, Logan McKinnon, had seen more than his share of bad times after the death of his wife a year ago. The last thing he needs is Poppy Erickson, an old flame and his late wife’s best friend, showing up unannounced to help after devastating floods nearly washed away their hometown. With no place to stay in town, he has no choice but to offer her a bed at his house. But can he live under the same roof with a woman he’d once loved passionately without feeling he’s betraying his late wife?

Poppy Erickson had spent the year wondering how all their lives might have been different after hearing the death bed confession of her childhood friend. She’d left South Dakota years ago because she couldn’t bear to watch the man she loved loving another woman. But now she knows the truth. She’ll keep the promise she made to a friend, but will Logan understand when he learns the truth? More important, can they again recapture the passion that had been between them all those years ago?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,205,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible