Seducing the Enemy by Noelle Adams

Seducing the Enemy

by Noelle Adams

193537,190 (3.5)None

I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

This book was really Fantastic!!!! After spending years confined to a wheelchair Marietta is now walking and ready for life. Harrison is a workaholic who feels the pressures only family can impose. After meeting in a club they have a one night stand that is explosive and which will change their lives forever. I recommend this book for everyone 18 ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Originally post at Bunny's Review

I have been trying to sum up this book since I finished a few weeks ago. I honestly cannot find a way to fully explain my thoughts without giving away some spoilers. Just be aware.

Marietta is not your average young female. She has suffered not just mentally but physically. After being in an automobile accident with her older sister (who died) she is unable to walk, goes thru numerous surgeries but still finds joy in everything. She has led a sheltered life. The author did not provide a fully background but allows the readers imagination to wander with this. To me it makes the story so much more interesting.

Harrison is one of those conquering type of men. What he sees / wants he goes after. What needs doing he completes. He is all worldly and business. Interested in casual sex but not a relationship. Especially not a relationship where his cousin was the one who drove the vehicle during a tragic accident.

Can two people really overcome a tragic past? This book will sweep readers from Greece to London and back again. Watching as two strong characters find true love and overcome family and the past.

I highly recommend this book. It is not just the wonderful fresh writing style, the story keeps readers captivated turning pages.

I look forward to reading additional books by Noelle.

The bunnies and I give this book carrots.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I have read by Ms Adams. I was hooked from the very first chapter to continue to read this story. It is well written; the plot is fast moving and and engaging; the characters well developed and likable.

This is not a run of the mill love story. It calls attention to what responsibility to family pride vs responsibility to oneself means. It also deals with the ethics of winning and remaining honest.

I particularly liked one character - Gordon, the butler. He is the "Upstairs, Downstairs" type of butler- unobtrusive, capable, alert to his "people's" needs, and deeply loyal. The journal that he keeps giving to Harrison so he can write his lists, his thoughts, so he can cope with his feelings, is the catalyst to resolving the problem at hand.

This is a great book to read. Enjoy the ride! ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible