Friends to Lovers by Christi Barth

by Christi Barth

121768,668 (4)None

Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

FRIENDS TO LOVERS is why I love Christi Barth. This book so reminds me of PLANNING FOR LOVE, the first book in the series. Reading this book was like putting on a comfy pair of pjs. This is a book I couldn’t wait to read. I loved it from beginning to end.

Daphne Lovell is the florist and co-owner of Aisle Bound, a Chicago wedding consulting company. Gibson Moore is the suave British playboy and manager of the Cavendish Grand Hotel. They have been friends for years and know each other pretty well.

Things for them change at a New Year’s Eve wedding, when the lights go out. Daphne takes the opportunity to give Gib a kiss that will ruin him for other women. When Gib finally learns Daphne was his kiss goddess, he convinces her to give him a chance. Unfortunately for Gib, he doesn’t think things through all the way. Initially, he misses seeing the unique person in front of him.

Gib’s world gets rocked to its core. He’s forced to do something he doesn’t want to do. But through it all, Daphne is his biggest supporter. When its time to be strong and have faith, she manages to have enough for both of them.

I love that Christi gave us background on both Gib’s and Daphne’s past. At times, that background is unbelievable and heartbreaking. I can’t even begin to explain how much I just love all the characters in this book. As a unit, Ivy, Ben, Sam, Mira, Gib and Daphne truly show you what friendship and loving someone is all about. Together they have all formed a strong bond that can never be broken.

Daphne and Gib are so great together. This book will make you laugh, cry and be glad that you are a reader of romance. Bottom line....FRIENDS TO LOVERS is a book truly about friendship and love. Realizing that you need them both to be happy. And knowing that when you have both love and friendship that you are home no matter where you are.

Source: Author ( )
  ReadYourWrites | Oct 14, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible