Hero (The Secret) by Rhonda Byrne

Hero (The Secret)

by Rhonda Byrne

English (3)  Spanish (1)  All (4)
I found this book on the "Newly Arrived" rack at the county library. I was already reading a copy of "The Secret," by the same author, that I borrowed from a friend. The author believes in The Law of Attraction. She states that if you think positively good things will be supplied to you by The Universe. People who believe in God or a Higher Power would probably chose to substitute those entities for the term, The Universe. Throughout the book she includes quotes from a number of successful people, using their comments and experiences to support her theories. I enjoyed reading many quotes from the Super Bowl winning coach of the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll. Also included are quotes of John Paul DeJoria the co-founder of hair care products company, John Paul Mitchell. I recommend the book to anyone interested in learning more about how successful people did it and in altering their own mindset in positive ways. ( )
  MrDickie | Feb 12, 2014 |
Review first published on my blog: http://memoriesfrombooks.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-secret-hero.html

The Secret - Hero is the fourth book in the series in Rhonda Byrne. The first was the international bestseller, The Secret, which was preceded by the movie of the same title. Then came The Power, The Magic, and now this book.

The essence of this book is that we are - each of us - the heroes of our own story, and it is up to us to make of our story what we will.

The book is organized into four sections - dream, hero, quest, and victory. Chapters within each section explore each idea further. Each chapter presents the author's text. Intertwined in that text are the stories of twelve contributors to the book. They come from different walks of life, but each in his or her own way has found success. Quotes from them and occasional other quotes reinforce the ideas of each section.

I enjoy the idea, and the book. I do not care for the organization of the book. I started by reading the book as written. I kept losing the thread of the author's words and then each of the individual stories.

Then, I went back and read it the way it makes more sense to me. I went through the book several times, following each thread separately. Read this way, the same picture develops but from a different perspective. I find myself more involved in the book and the ideas as I read one point of view from beginning to end. ( )
  njmom3 | Jan 3, 2014 |
Hero: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is a motivational book that promises to inspire and show us all how to search for, find, and live our dreams. The book gives the message that all of us are heroes in their own way and instructs how to fulfill our dreams. I believe it is one of the most ambitious projects taken up by its publishers, Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster.

The author does not need any introduction. She is the author of the monster hit, and one of the bestselling books of the 20th century, The Secret, and also the creator and executive producer of The Secret movie.

Her new book, Hero, like most of her previous books, is simple enough. It follows twelve of the world's most successful men and women, sharing their wisdom and insight. It shows the readers how they can also be heroes, and that the secret to being a hero may just lie within them, waiting to be released. It shows how one can be triumphant and the secret to become prosperous is solely within oneself.

If you are willing to be swept off your feet like you allowed yourself to be with The Secret, then this book is for you. ( )
  khamneithang | Nov 27, 2013 |

This is the story about why you are here on planet Earth. There is something special about you. There is something you were born to be and do that not one of the other seven billion of us was. There is a life you are meant to live; there is a journey you are meant to take. This book is about that journey. In this book twelve of the most successful people living in the world share their seemingly impossible stories, and reveal that you were born with everything you need to live your greatest dream, and that by doing so you will fulfill your mission and literally change the world. -- From book jacket.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,019,716 books! | Top bar: Always visible