Outback Affair by Annie Seaton

Outback Affair

by Annie Seaton

Another fantastic story from Annie Seaton. This story is about the youngest Richards brother Alex and food journalist Jessica Trent. Alex has had his share of heartache but Jessica may to be one person who can help him heal completely. This is a fun sexy story that will tug at your heartstrings. Recommended for everyone. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Originally written for Bunny's Review

I started this book on Halloween morning and finished in a few hours. My internet was out due to routine maintenance. Then the high winds and storms started sweeping across the mid-west states. Internet is gone again, that happens a lot with satellite internet. Sadly living in the country it is either satellite or dial-up. I am thankful for books every time I lose internet or power.

Jess a very disorganized city slicker. I really question if she knows how to put gas in her vehicle. However, her character has enough spunk to make up for her fallings. She comes from money and has been burned badly. A former ex was only interested in her family name and what it would bring him. After this she decides to take life by the horns no matter how disorganized she is.

Alex is just an outback fisherman or is he? A crash man that is only looking for privacy and to mend his broken heart. He will do most anything to keep his secret from leaking to the press. A boy scout that is always prepared for everything that could happen. After two years is his heart mended or still broken.

There were a few minor characters but mainly readers will see Jess and Alex throughout the whole book. They travel trying to beat the wet season. When I stated Alex is prepared for everything, he really is. I question the size of the glove box in his truck.

My one problem and it is just my preference: I would of liked to have more accent / Australian spelling throughout the book. Please be aware that this does not interfere with the wonderful story. It is perfect the way it is. It is just my preference.

Alex decides to teach jess a lesson but what happens when he loses his heart? That dear readers is something you will find out when reading the book.

Thanks for such a wonderful read. Looking for to more books in the future.

The bunnies and I give this book carrots.

kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
Being a City Girl myself, I had to take a "double take" at Jessica's character and laugh! OMG! She was definitely in for the time of her life in the outback in her silk blouse. Her determination to finally be independent of her father and her upbringing really comes through as she decides to pursue to interview the elusive Alessandro. Her exchanges with Alex as they begin their version of the battle of the sexes is both amusing and enjoyable.

Alex is something else... valuing his privacy is so important, he forgets the mess he is making of the budding relationship with Jess. Only quick thinking, his mother, and turning the helicopter around saves the day. I really had fun reading this book!

PSSST!!! By the way, for those of you that interested, you will finally find out what the Aussie word "dinkum" means! ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible