Indisputable Proof by Gary Williams

Indisputable Proof

by Gary Williams

I am an unabashed fan of the search for hidden treasure genre, laden with mysterious clues and plenty of mystery and action. This book ticked all the boxes as far as I am concerned.
I happened across the book entirely by chance, was intrigued by the synopsis, and then satisfied by the content.
The disappearance of the Sudariom (or head shroud of Christ) from a cathedral in Spain, is interwoven with the hunt for mysterious relics said to provide proof of the living and crucified Jesus, plus an attempt by religious fanatics to destroy what they regard as the clear evidence of great sin in the world.
There is a time limit, for if the Sudarium is not found to be in place, then the fanatics will let loose a series of devastating explosions against those they perceive to be their enemies and responsible for the theft of the Sudarium.
An unusual team of Sam Tolen (CIA) Dr Jade Mullur (archaeologist) and Pascal Diaz (Spanish Police Inspector) whilst trying to locate the Sudarium become involved with hunts for other artefacts, involving them with the story of Joseph of Arimathea which leads them to Costa Rica, a Greek Island, a superb Spanish Cathedral, and The Valley of the Kings.
The clues are well thought out, and take our team some while to unravel, whilst the Sudarium becomes almost a side issue, but nevertheless a very important one.
The book is not a difficult read, although it occasionally stretches the imagination. There is no problem with that although I did find the epilogue unnecessary and perhaps a little disturbing, although that may have been the authors having a little bit of fun with us.
  Alan1946 | Jun 25, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible