Anna's Heaven by Stian Hole

Anna's Heaven

by Stian Hole

English (13)  Catalan (1)  All (14)
Un très beau livre, en images et en texte qui traite très subtilement de comment confronter un départ sans jamais en parler... comment retomber sur ses pieds. Je pense que la traduction est très réfléchie et réussie.

Il y a le ciel, le paradis, Dieu, les souvenirs, des émotions, des questions qui doivent rester sans réponse. Des jeux de mots, des jeux d'images (merveilleuses).

"Pourquoi [Dieu] n'arrive pas à inventer un système qui permettrait à une douleur de se transformer en douceur?"

J'ai finalement compris la signification de l'averse de clous qui tombe du ciel. Je pense à Bob Dylan: It's a hard rain's gonna fall. ( )
  overthemoon | Apr 27, 2017 |
This book was so strange, like really strange, but I kind of loved it! When Anna is questioning God's abilities after her mother passes she wishes there was a way to the other side. Her and her dad go into the mysterious hole and arrive in what seems to be heaven. There they see all of their deceased loved ones and that is when the story gets weird. The illustration are almost disturbing but really great at the same time. From this experience, Anna and her father finally feel at peace and go back home. I do not think I would put this in my classroom but I definitely would have this at home for my kids. ( )
  Jmreed1 | Apr 21, 2016 |
ANNA'S HEAVEN is about a girl and her father whom have recently lost a loved one. Anna's father is impatient and he wants to hurry and get to the funeral to get it over with, whereas Anna wants to take her time. She leads her father through different places that she has imagined her mother to be, and her father soon joins in. This goes on until Anna is finally ready to go as then insisting on her father to hurry up. This book is confusing because it does not come out straight t the point but does what most people do after a loss of a loved one and tries to forget about it or avoid the topic. The images in this book follow the way the story goes. THey are thoughts popping out of her head and are very busy pictures. This keeps the reader's attention by wondering what the author is trying to get across. Overall I would not use this book in the classroom because it brings up religion and the use of go and heaven. I would use ideas from this book though to deal with the loss of a loved one. ( )
  CSpear25 | Nov 15, 2015 |
After the death of her mother, Anna and her father imagine that Heaven might be a place where one can help in God's garden, visit with old friends, and take off one's socks whenever one pleases. ( )
  paula-childrenslib | Aug 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A fascinating beauty for the eyes to wander, question and reconsider life. It's more than just a child searching for answers-- it's exemplary of how we all search for answers when something tragic happens that is beyond the edge of our understanding. We want to break from what makes sense and what we know and do something different; this book does exactly that.

I received a copy to review. ( )
  sentimental13 | Jul 16, 2015 |

Stian Holeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bartlett, DonTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Stian Hole's book Anna's Heaven was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible