How To Memorize The Bible Quick And Easy In…

How To Memorize The Bible Quick And Easy In 5 Simple Steps

by Adam Houge

611,268,033 (2)None
Recently added byOwen.Tyler, gwhittick

There were good and not-so-good things about this book. First, the good:
The author clearly regards memorising Scripture as a spiritual exercise and discipline. I admire the fact he's been able to memorise entire books of the Bible.
He does give some helpful hints for memorising Scripture, which I will endeavour to put into practice.
It's a short book: it took me just an hour to read it.
It was quite easy to read.

The not-so-good:
There were quite a lot of typos, grammatical errors and punctuation problems, which put me off the book. I read the Kindle edition, so this could be a consequence of poor scanning, but I wish a decent proofreader had reviewed it prior to publication.
The book is quite repetitive, and makes heavy use of proof-texting, most of which is quite unnecessary, but the author's theological position probably leads him to think that it adds authority to his writing.
There is, as one reviewer below has pointed out, quite a lot of "filler" in the book.
While I appreciated the material on chunking, this was about the only practical help in the book for memorising Scripture. I had come to it hoping for more than this.
He does tend to over-spiritualise the exercise of Scripture memorisation.

Having said this, I will try to put some of the book's suggestions into practice and see how I get on! ( )
  gwhittick | Jun 25, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,338,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible