The New Answers Book Vol. 4: Over 30…

The New Answers Book Vol. 4: Over 30 Questions on Evolution/Creation and…

by Ken Ham

532221,808 (5)None

The interpretation of the Bible's account of Creation through the lens of science seems to be a popular thing amongst professing Christians nowadays. This is a very discouraging state of things, that Christians trust human observations before the Bible's declarations. That is one reason why this book is so refreshing as the authors hold to God's Word as the starting point and as the 'lens' with which to interpret their scientific observations.

The New Answers book 4 by Ken Ham(editor) and many others, is full of chapters dealing with questions in regards to 'issues' that may come up in discussions about Creation, and is also great for simply perusing possible answers as to how certain things about Creation week might be explained. It is a compilation of several essays on various aspects of Creation written by several different people who are biased towards the Bible. The nice thing is that they do not make having answers to every question imperative, such as the chapters on Starlight. They make some suggestions as to how starlight could have been visible from earth immediately at Creation but make it clear that we don't have to know how, faith in what God's Word says is what is important, whether or not we understand it all. As one of the contributors wrote, "Interpretations of Scripture are Not Scripture….Keep in mind that it is the text that is inspired, not our interpretations of it."

Keep in mind that this is book 4 in the New Answers series so if you have questions that are not addressed in this volume they may be in the other books in this series. I have not read the other ones but, based on what this one is like, I believe that I can highly recommend all of them as they seem very biased towards what God says happened at Creation. I love that type of bias!!!

I'll end with an excerpt from the beginning of the book: "As soon as you surrender the Bible's authority in one area, you 'unlock a door' to do the same thing in other areas. Once the door of compromise is open, even if ajar just a little, subsequent generation push the door open wider. Ultimately, this compromise has been a major contributing factor in the loss of biblical authority in our Western world….…If one uses fallible dating methods to reinterpret Genesis (e.g., the days of creation), then one is 'unlocking a door,' so to speak, to teach others that they won't have to take the Bible as written (e.g., Genesis is historical narrative) a the beginning so why should one take it as written elsewhere (e.g., the bodily Resurrection of Christ). If one has to accept what secular scientists say about the age of the earth, evolution, etc., then why not reinterpret the Resurrection of Christ? After all, no secular scientist accepts that a human being can be raised from the dead, so maybe the Resurrection should be reinterpreted to mean just 'spiritual resurrection'."

Many thanks to New Leaf Publishers for sending me a free Kindle review copy of this book (My review did not have to be favorable) ( )
  SnickerdoodleSarah | Apr 13, 2016 |
I read New Answers Book 4, in exchange for review from New Leaf Publishing Group. The book starts out discussing Atheism. Ham discussed how Christians are adopting Atheism traditions in the home. Some traditions can include re-writing the scriptures; compromising on the biblical foundations of Genesis; and disbelief on some topics in the bible, such as Hell and the Resurrection.

I loved the chapter on cave men; science vs. religion; plants, and dragons. The dragon chapter was the most interesting. The bible mentions dragons, but over the years, dragons have gained mythical qualities.
  staciewyatt | Mar 18, 2014 |

You, your family, and your church can be prepared to answer the questions of friends, and skeptics, and to defend against the prevalent humanist culture that is invading our schools, government, and even the Christian community.

From the lies of evolution to genetic engineering, this powerful team of apologist will inspire you, and give you answers about: The truth concerning climate change How the Ark could survive all the tsunamis, storms, and upheavals during the Flood Evolution being the bloodiest religion ever The best evidences for a young creation Tactics of new atheists The intelligence of ancient man Whether there are transitional fossils in the fossil record New genetically-modified organisms Whether dragons were real

Many have walked away from their faith because they sought answers for what seemed a contradiction in Christian belief and scientific teaching. For those who desire a deeper walk and a thriving faith in the face of a growing cultural adversity, here is a book to spur the heart and mind to give glory to God.

The New Answers Books 1,2 and 3 will complete your Answers Series collection. They hold over ninety faith-affirming answers to some of the most challenging questions about faith, science, and the Bible!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:28 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible