Neverwas (Amber House Trilogy) by Kelly…

Neverwas (Amber House Trilogy)

by Kelly Moore

I really liked the first book, Amber House, but I can't get past the ugliness of the alternate reality presented in Neverwas. It made me sick. I read to escape from reality and this was a harsh, cruel world to be dropped into. I might have been able to finish the book despite the setting and general attitude, if the characters had been as engaging and interesting as they were in the first book. Personalities were entirely wiped out during the world building for the alternate reality. ( )
  benandhil | Sep 28, 2016 |
Due to events at the end of the first book, this sequel finds life has changed for everyone. Sarah changed time itself. Events are different, people's personalities are different and no one seems to know but Aunt Maggie and Sarah's brother. Sarah begins seeing echoes of what was or would have happened. Her Aunt and brother see them too. Sarah learns that certain members of her family throughout history have been able to see echoes. Also, she learns Amber House is full of temporal anomalies and energy. In this world, Sarah's mother is likeable and her parents get along. Sarah's feelings for Jackson are still there, but Jackson's life is very different. Elitism and racism are rampant, and Nazi's are active with a interest in Amber House. The echoes have a purpose but what that truly is we have to wait to see. A very enjoyable sequel and I look forward to reading the next book. ( )
  LeleliaSky | Jun 13, 2016 |
At the end of Amber House, Sarah made a choice that transformed everything -- and now she must choose it all again.

"I was sixteen the second time I had my first kiss . . ."

After growing up in the free country of the Pacific Northwest, Sarah Parsons has settled in at Amber House, the stately Maryland home that's been in her family for generations. But the world surrounding the House feels deeply wrong to Sarah. It's a place where the colonists lost the 1776 Insurrection, where the American Confederation of States still struggles withsegregation, and where Sarah is haunted by echoes of a better world that she knows never existed.

Her friend Jackson shares these visions of a different world -- and together, they manage to remember the way things ought to be, and plan a daring mission that will reset the universe once again. It will involve objects from the past, knowledge of the future, a leap into the unknown . . . and in the end, a sacrifice Sarah never imagined.
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
I marked this book as a one star due to the face that I do that. It's my right to catalog a book anyway I see fit. It helps me to keep up with books I am not planning to ever read or the ones I do want to read.

The review is my damn opinion. I do have the right to my opinion or as far as I know I do.
Has been edited to please the world. No mention of the no-no's.

I don't know why my review isn't showing for anyone other than my friends.? Who knows? ( )
  bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |
After careful consideration I have decided not to restart this book. I have DNF this series. Nothing and nobody inluenced this decision it is mine alone.
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |

At the end of AMBER HOUSE, Sarah made a choice that transformed everything--and now she must choose it all again.

"I was sixteen the second time I had my first kiss...."

After growing up in the free country of the Pacific Northwest, Sarah Parsons has settled in at Amber House, the stately Maryland home that's been in her family for generations. But the world surrounding the House feels deeply wrong to Sarah. It's a place where the colonists lost the 1776 Insurrection, where the American Confederation of States still struggles with segregation, and where Sarah is haunted by echoes of a better world that she knows never existed.

Her friend Jackson shares these visions of a different world--and together, they manage both to remember the way things ought to be, and to plan a daring mission that will reset the universe once again. It will involve objects from the past, knowledge of the future, a leap into the unknown ... and in the end, a sacrifice Sarah never imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

At her family's Maryland home, in a world where colonists lost the 1776 Insurrection, Sarah Parsons and her friend Jackson share visions of a different existence and, having remembered how things ought to be, plan a daring mission to set them right.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,134,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible