End of the Line (Short Story) by Emma Meade

End of the Line (Short Story)

by Emma Meade

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byYawatta

No tags.

***I received a free copy from the Making Connections group on Goodreads in exchange for a book review***

I liked this short story. Cassie was attempting suicide by standing in front of a train. I say “attempting” because she kept chickening out. I felt bad for her. Depression is hard to overcome, especially with no support. It’s not as easy as just snapping out of it.

My favorite lines: 1) Damn it! She wanted to die. Why couldn’t she have stuck it out? 2) The driver could see her now, but it was too late to stop. Even if he pulled on the brakes. Too late for the train, but not for her. 3) Of all the train tracks, why had she picked a haunted line?

I thought the story got really interesting when Cassie met all the ghosts on the train. It had a philosophical feel, and I kept wondering what would I do in that situation. Would I stay on the train, remaining dead but gaining new friends after being so lonely in the real world? Or would I get off the train, living my second chance to the fullest?

My favorite scenes: 1) each ghost sharing their tale of why they stayed on the train 2) any scene with Cassie and Aaron (I loved their dynamic)

I RECOMMEND this book to read. ( )
  Yawatta | Oct 16, 2013 |

Emma Meade is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,858,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible