The Thrill of It (No Regrets) by Lauren…

The Thrill of It (No Regrets)

by Lauren Blakely

4 Brilliantly Torn Stars

The characters were brilliant.
The book was written brilliant.

Oh Trey, he was absolutely amazing I fell in love with him shortly after the book started. I loved Hayley/Layla and thought that she was so much like me when I was younger. I would do anything in this world to protect those I love. I really wish the author would have told who Miranda was at the beginning of the story and gave a little bit more background early on because for about the first 20% of the book I was completely confused and couldn't figure out what the story was about. I think that is the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five. I think it was great and I loved the story I am just a little sad about the cliffhanger... ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Wow...where to start?? This is a wonderfully written story that will keep you turning the page. It is however, different from Lauren Blakely's prior books. Not different bad....just different. The characters are dark, troubled, and raw. The book evokes all sorts of emotions (as every good book should). The books main characters, Trey and Harley, are two very troubled souls who are trying to face their demons and heal themselves one day at a time. Their story is not one you want to miss. I recommend this read for everyone. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
All I hope is that you can someday know that love doesn't have to be a brutal,bitter,power game. Love can be the ugly beautiful.

Harley is addicted to sex and love. Love and sex. But she is a virgin.

I am nineteen years old and I have kissed twenty-four guys, which amounts to four guys per year since my first kiss at age thirteen.

Harley, aka Layla, is a high priced call girl. Escort. Call her what you may, either way men pay her for her services. I was very curious to see how this would work considering she is a virgin, to pretty much everything. She is a call girl. But really that title sounds so dirty compared to who she really is. She is just trapped. Trapped by her fear of love, trapped by her mother's expectations, by who her mother is. Being a call girl helped her gain control. Until she gets caught and is being blackmailed. I thought there was no way for this story to work but it did. It talks round and around in circles but it all comes together and makes sense. I couldn't understand why she berated herself so much for what she has done. It's not great but it's not all that bad either. But she is addicted. Addicted to the high she feels from a job, from the money, from power she gains. But she wants to break free from the job, her addiction, her mother, and her blackmailer.

Trey has his own secrets too. They weren't as bad as I had imagined but I can see how they damaged him. Trey is also addicted to sex and love. He used sex as a way to mask the pain and secrets of his past. Sex with older women is his thing. He gets high off getting them off. Making them want him. By knowing he holds that power. But he is tired of being addicted.Once he sees Harley again he knows he wants her. She isn't older than him but something about her calls out to him.

I fully think Trey and Harley bring out the best in each other. I love how they form this friendship, even though they both crave and want what they had that first night together. Before they went to the Sex and Love meetings. before they swore off any and all relationships. No sex. No love. But as always when you want something you are told you can't have you find yourself wanting it even more. But with these two, there is nothing wrong in it. They are beautiful together. Together they share almost everything at first. When the time comes and they fully start to let each other in that is when it becomes something more. Together they get through their addictions. It seemed to take a while for everything to come full circle and for the most part this story is pretty drama free. Aside from the blackmail, while bad is not too horrible. I am hoping the drama level stays fairly low in the second book as well. The ending really didn't catch me off guard. I am looking forward to the next book though. I need more Harley and Trey.

Remember, the pain is the arrow coming out, not the arrow coming in. ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |

Harley is addicted to sex and love. Love and sex. But she is a virgin.

Remember, the pain is the arrow coming out, not the arrow coming in. ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
Lauren Blakely has reached a pinnacle with The Thrill Of It. I'm sure she will go on to create many more fantastic books but, this book has reached an all new high for me as a reader, and for her as an author. This book will gut you and make you experience so many emotions. Harley and Trey have led such rough and gut-wrenching lives, and they are trying to fight their way back to a healthy way of life. But it is a constant fight. They were the first people to evoke healthy, loving feelings in one another but, they can't help but doubt those feelings at every turn. When they met, they were struggling with their love/sex addictions. And what seemed like a missed connection ended up being a fated friendship. They end up meeting again at a SLAA (Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous) meeting, and quickly fall into a close friendship. But at every moment they are battling their addictions and their pasts.

This book is one emotional rollercoaster. It was suspenseful to find out what the full history of of their lives were. While they are quite frank with most of it, some of it is put off a bit. But it truly kept me captivated the entire time. After their sordid pasts, Trey and Harley are extremely gun-shy to enter into a relationship together. But their friendship is an anchor for them to hold onto. Their friendship warmed my heart to the core. I love that they are so headstrong to get to the better side of life and leave their past behind. But their plans are not as easily executed as they would like.

The Thrill Of It is a book that I would recommend to anyone. It is a deep, captivating, and heart-wrenching story that will leave you gasping. I have to warn my readers, this is a cliffhanger, but please don't make that stop you from picking up this book. You will fall in love and be so invested in their story. And the best part is that once you've finished The Thrill Of It you can read the novella, The Start Of Us for FREE! Yay! So please go get this book, I promise it's one of the bests of 2013! I would also like to thank Lauren Blakely for guest posting as well. Please read below for a little insight into Harley and what she is thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving Readers!

Happy Reading!
*ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  EmilyMcGee | Jan 7, 2014 |

Is contained in

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible