Hollywood Homecoming (The Red Carpet Series)…

Hollywood Homecoming (The Red Carpet Series) (Volume 3)

by Sasha Summers

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byallisonbcollins, book_harlots2

No tags.

I loved this book, it is unique and fresh! Very rarely will a reader find a book quite like this. You can read through it numerous times, like I did, and still giggle (yes, I said giggle) at some parts.
Hollywood Homecoming is a story of second chances, having faith in yourself and taking chances; especially with love. Everyone gets their hearts broken at some point and makes bad decisions, hey shit happens. This is Helen’s “shit happens, gotta take a chance” story. She has watched members of her family fall in love and get married, when sure that’s all fine and dandy with her; but, on the inside she’s still alone, sad and a little scared. Still infatuated with a man who is, now, thousands of miles away she wants to convince herself that those feelings no longer exist.
Joseph is a doctor who left her behind to go and try and save the world! Exchanging letters for the years he was away, Helen was put into the “friend zone”. Or, more accurately, she put herself there in her unwillingness to act on her feelings, distance herself from them. Which, as most women know, rarely ever works in our favor.
Once he laid eyes on Helen once again, he was enamored. He knew he had to have her, needed her, and he would do just about anything to have her. Even though he left, he never forgot her. And he’s glad he came back, it shows him exactly what he has been missing out on.
As with any relationship complications will arise. But Joe, being a man and a complete sweetheart, fights for what he wants. And won’t take no for an answer.
But Helen on the other hand, doesn’t want to be a burden because she made a couple “bad decisions”. She tries to distance herself and push those closest away. Apparently, everyone else’s happiness is more important than her own.
As Helen and Joe open up with each other they realize exactly how well matched they are. But, will Helen overcome her insecurities enough to take a chance on trusting Joe? You’ll have to read it and find out!! :)

I fell in love with this book as soon as I finished the first chapter, and it has kept me laughing every time I re-read it. It is a definite pick-me-up kind of book. It’s a 4.5/5 from me!

*ARC was given for a review*
  book_harlots2 | Oct 16, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,807,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible