Shattered and Shaken (Shaken, #1) by Julie…

Shattered and Shaken (Shaken, #1)

by Julie Bailes

Allie Anderson has suffered great loss and heartache. She watched her father lose his battle to cancer, she had her beloved brother taken from her during the war, and she lost the love of her life when he up and left her one night and completely disappeared. Allie was left feeling completely broken and shattered.
"...My soul's been shattered, and the last man to ever love me is dead..."
Allie's best friends Sophie and Blake help pick up the pieces and Blake works towards mending her broken heart and soul. Blake works to win her heart and make her fall for him.
"...I need you to be mine, only mine. I don't want part of you, Al. I want all of you. Can you give yourself to me?"
"...You don't want me. I'm no good for you; I'm damaged goods..."
"...Yeah, baby but you're beautifully damaged; perfectly broken. Just give me the chance to repair you..."
Allie's life begins to slowly fall into place. Blake is helping to heal her heart and they are working towards building a life together. Until after four years of being MIA, Wyatt returns home.
"...I've died a thousand deaths trying to return home to you, baby. I'll fight for you until all oxygen escapes my lungs and the beating of my heart goes silent. I'm coming back for you, promise..."
Can Blake truly mend Allie's broken heart even when some of the pieces are missing? Can Allie give herself to Blake when she knows she is shattered? What will happen when Wyatt returns and tries to win Allie back? And what will happen when two people Allie trusts and loves breaks her trust and shatters her all over again?
"...Allie, remember to live like it's your last day on Earth. Laugh as if no one's watching, love someone until your heart stops beating. And most importantly forgive and forget. There's no meaning in holding grudges or hate, it only affects you. Not the other person. Life's too short to live any other way..."
As a debut book I was a bit leary but I bought it to support a very sweet first time author. And I fell in love. Allie is an incredible and strong person and she just does not realize it. You want to just wrap her up and help her through everything.The first chapter had me in tears and wanting to fix it all. With each page you get sucked in more and more and then you get a twist and a turn. Yes there is an incredible cliffhnger that leaves me begging for book 2. Julie Bailes is a wonderful auther who knows how to write a story that just sucks you in and wanting for more.
Am I glad I bought it..... Absofreakinglutely
Wil I recommend.....Yes
Will I buy book 2..... I can't wait!!!!! I give Shattered and Shaken a Nerd Alert A (because I can't give it more than that) or 5 stars! ( )
  BookCrazed2013 | Aug 22, 2014 |
recommended by Amber Snyder
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible