Secret Pleasure (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh

Secret Pleasure (Bound Hearts)

by Lora Leigh

Yeah, I started this like at 2am and finished it this afternoon. I did sleep a few hours in there and did other things. Interesting storyline, but now want to find out about Summer and Falcone. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: One young woman, two hot men… A forbidden love and everything torn apart.

Opening Sentence: “The Collier’s Winter Ball was considered one of the most exciting events of the winter season.”

The Review:

Hangs my head shamefully. I haven’t read yet another series, however, let me just say this, if the rest are as hot as this book well, *fans self* consider me a lover of this series and I am adding the first book and going back and reading them all. Alyssa is a Senator’s daughter and she meets Shane and Sebastian at the Winter Ball. From the moment they met, the three of them are attracted to each other. Alyssa isn’t that shocked when she finds them with a woman pressed between them. And yes, this is the moment that you know this book is going to include a not so normal relationship and that you are totally okay with that because it’s smoking hot!

Shane and Sebastian don’t press Alyssa when they first meet her, instead they wait for several months until she is in Spain and then begin wooing her. The courtship and the relationship make you want to take a cold shower while reading this. I am not going to say what tears them apart at this point because I think that gives too much away that you will want to read for yourself. Needless to say there is a deeper mystery that is very much central to the story.

Several spoilerly things happen and our main characters are suffering very much when finally they are back together to work out everything! Let’s just say blackmail, murder, attempted murder and well hot steamy erotic sex are all happening in this book!

When I saw Alyssa’s age in the book I thought maybe she was a bit too young (she starts off 18 in the beginning), but I really have to say that I loved the author taking a shy virgin and having her totally okay with getting her freak on! I also loved that Alyssa, Shane and Sebastian had zero issues with their relationship being what it was. There was no jealousy even in the one on one encounters, and the guys loved each in the familial way as they were cousins, but they were also used to sharing women sexually. Lora Leigh takes a forbidden type romance and serves it up in such a way that when your done reading it you are totally okay with it and totally loving the three of them together.

I really can’t say anything bad about this book, I totally loved it. And I say that with three people as a couple isn’t usually my thing, not that I see relationships as just one way, but because often they are kind of portrayed unrealistically or can be done as just a sex book with no plot. Which none of these things are done in this book, the mystery keeps you on the edge, the sex is just enough to be super hot and the romance is just great! So if you are new to the series or been reading it all along, then keep reading because Secret Pleasure is so worth your time.

Notable Scenes:

“The hidden, the mysterious, the rumors and scandalous whispers of some of the more erotic artwork pulled Alyssa into the darker areas.”

“It was damned freaky how much her entire body seemed to like their voices.”

“They offered the forbidden and made her feel alive.”

“It was stealing their souls and they had no way of fighting it.”

“As long as she had them.”

FTC Advisory: St. Martin’s Griffin/Macmillan provided me with a copy of Secret Pleasure. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Oct 26, 2015 |
Secret Pleasure will rip your heart out and hand it back to you. I’m talking major FEELS in this one. I haven’t been this devastated by a book in a while. Not only did I cry; I ugly cried. Lora Leigh delivers a melt-your-kindle-its-so-hot erotic romance, but also creates an emotional bond between her three characters that is equally as sweet as the sexual chemistry is hot. Sebastian and Shane are cousins that share everything including their women. They have always known that one day they would find one woman to be theirs permanently. The cousins are immediately taken by the beautiful and innocent Alyssa. The three lovers share months of happiness and intense sensual pleasure until one day threats of impending social ruin tear them apart. Deceit, betrayal, anger, and gut-wrenching pain surrounds Alyssa leaving her broken and forsaken. Sebastian and Shane charge back into Alyssa’s life to rekindle their bond, but can they bring her back from the wasteland of despair?

Alyssa starts out as vibrant and lively. Her innocence a perfect balance to the dark sensuality of her lovers. I think Alyssa is a very interesting character. She’s a mass of contradictions. She’s charming, quietly rebellious, funny, skittish, brave, and vulnerable. Her character captured me from page one and held on fast to the end. It’s no wonder Sebastian and Shane become so obsessed with her so quickly.

The emotional and sexual chemistry in this book are incredibly intense. Well-written, the erotic sexual scenes, including m/f/m, set the steam factor for this book at scorching hot. Although, there are plenty of sexual encounters (hello it’s an erotic romance) the emotional part of this story is powerful. Alyssa, Sebastian, and Shane have to overcome so many obstacles just to be together.

I was completely taken in by this story that was ripe with emotional conflict and written so beautifully it made me laugh and cry along with the characters. Leigh mixes in some mystery, suspense, and life threatening circumstances in this erotic romance to once again give her readers a vivid and fantastic read. Although, this is part of a series all the books in the Bound Hearts series can be read as standalone books. I would recommend, however, if you prefer to remain spoiler free for the other couples in this series then read the books in order. I absolutely adore this series. Lora Leigh’s characters are so compelling and unforgettable. I love how Leigh mixes humor, tension, passion, and heartwarming romance to create a memorable reading experience. If you like your romances with erotic sex involving a permanent threesome, and strong alpha male characters then you need to read this one. ( )
  azprettygrl | Aug 25, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible