Beauty by Sarah Pinborough
    Charm by Sarah Pinborough (Mimilly40)
    Mimilly40: Deuxième tome de la série
    Poison by Sarah Pinborough (Mimilly40)
    Mimilly40: Premier tome de la série

Wow! Interesting plot twists, different characters, colorful retellings of classic fairy tales, this book has it all! I thought it was a wonderful read. Not for kids, but young adults may love it. ( )
  EmmaReadwitch | Jun 1, 2017 |
Ah! Pinborough is a horror writer. Now I see. This is a much tangled tale, but the core of it is a fascination with the ugly "animal" desires, with the Grimm brothers only a convenient vehicle.

Though everyone is wrung through a hard mill, there is no character development; and the ending is very awkward.

Go write your trash elsewhere Sarah. ( )
  2wonderY | Aug 24, 2016 |
Out of the 3 available re told fairy tales this is the one I liked the best. Poison and Charm were good but this one I really could not put down and pretty much read it in a single sitting overnight. The way she combined Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast was great. I am hoping she will continue to add to this series. ( )
  marysneedle | Jun 21, 2015 |
Once upon a time, Sarah Pinborough had a seemingly familiar fairy tale, or two, to retell. Untangling, re-entwining the narrative strands, it seems Happy Ever After doesn’t always turn out so well.

(1) Can’t keep that up. (2) It doesn’t properly reflect this sharp, modern, funny, dark retelling of Sleeping Beauty, intertwined with another fairy tale in a perfectly brilliant twist. Despite the charming illustrations that evoke nostalgia for my childhood copy of the Pink Fairy Book, this really isn’t a version you’d give an actual child to read. As for young adults...well, when ready, I’d have adored this, before ready, I’d have been bored stiff! I also loved Sarah Pinborough’s take on Cinderella in Charm. ( )
  Bernadette877 | May 14, 2015 |
This was a gem of a read, I really enjoyed it, Sarah Pinborough took several fairy tales and played with them in ways that made me very happy. Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast were two main stories here and the characters fit into the roles well, the romance was entertaining and well drawn and the consequences of actions felt very real. Well done with this Pinborough. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 3, 2014 |

Was inspired by

For Lou & Joe Abercrombie. Great friends and great people. With love.
It was a warm spring and the king and queen took their breakfast on the balcony outside their private apartments, enjoying the fresh air without the burden of any sort of protocol.

Dark and light princess
An enticing fantasy
Five stars for this one.
(EmmaReadwitch)

BEAUTY is a beautifully illustrated retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story which takes all the elements of the classic fairytale that we love (the handsome prince, the ancient curse, the sleeping girl and, of course, the haunting castle) and puts a modern spin on the characters, their motives and their desires. It's fun, contemporary, sexy, and perfect for fans of ONCE UPON A TIME, GRIMM, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN and more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:04 -0400)

"An enticing contemporary retelling of the classic story of Sleeping Beauty. While the the handsome prince, the evil fairy, the beautiful girl and of course the spindle all appear, Sarah Pinborough's charming and provocative spin on the story will captivate fans of the fairy tale all over again."--Amazon.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,155,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible