One Becomes One by Libby Maxey

One Becomes One

by Libby Maxey

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bymrsdowney

I've posted the following review on Amazon, but I want to add that Ms. Maxey's story of meeting and marrying Ahyh Maxey is a good tale of two souls reincarnated. They are strong polarities for one another, with all the highs and lows that implies, as my review hints. But mostly high-highs! This is not my usual kind of book because the language is aimed more toward a Christian-influenced audience, but in fact, the author and I share many visionary opinions about this world, soulic development, and the (largely untapped) potential of each individual:

I would describe Libby Maxey as a visionary wayshower, but many think of her as a Christian mystic. Either way, Ms. Maxey has a keen knack for taking her readers from the earthiest of problems—family, money, social—to the most sublime of solutions. No, further than you’re thinking, and even further than that, all the way to the celestial realms of what I would call Light Beings and she might prefer to describe as Ascended Masters, all the way even to the Ear and Voice of God.

Or is that supposed to be Feet? Heart? You see, Ms. Maxey and I come from entirely different linguistic customs. Her religious training (all religions, mind you) gives her a beautiful facility with the language of the sublime. My perspective leans more toward the realm of quantum physics, interdimensional science, and visionary self-empowerment.

But the astounding truth is that we are talking about the same course of personal development: the progress of a soul up a ladder of awakening that does, indeed, lead to a Godlike awareness and participation. We seem to completely agree on the most essential gems of celestial insight, hard-earned through our personal experience and inner vision. We don’t go for intercessors, either one of us. It’s straight to the top, using the vehicle of our own Consciousness to ask questions for ourselves and hear the answers and see the images, and both Ms. Maxey and I have been led to understand that this pathway is open to each and every individual, if they so choose.

There’s the rub. Choosing a path toward Godliness or Christ Consciousness ain’t an easy road. In her last book, [b:I Am Liberty|13217730|I Am Liberty|Libby Maxey|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347689931s/13217730.jpg|18403619], she shares quite a few of the transcendent visions that brought her to this core belief of personal, unlimited mental potential (she would probably call that Ascension). In One Becomes One, she shares in gory detail how difficult and yet magnificent it is to LIVE a life that fulfills this inner awareness of one’s participation with God/Creation.

The book opens with her meeting her soul’s true polarity (you might call it soul mate) via a quirky and slightly unbelievable set of circumstances, a wild story I don’t want to spoil because it’s a real page-turner. Will they pull this off, this bizarre meeting of hearts and souls trying to translate itself into the reality of an uncooperative, materially-hampered world? I loved this story about two people trying to live out their most powerful beliefs in the face of countless forces of opposition in order to create their personal “Eden” on Earth.

In addition to a surrounding atmosphere of steady doubt and resistance, these two illumined minds face an emotional trial of faith and commitment when Libby’s previous church proves itself unable to match her rapid unfoldment of Consciousness. With her new partner providing contrast and propulsion, her story becomes one of painful growth. She must accept her new role in life by leaving behind what had once provided succor and even Love, but which was now binding her in the chains of a soulic prison. Choice—again, she would have to make a difficult one in order to soar the way she’d earned the right to soar.

Ms. Maxey is a natural leader, a wayshower for those who would likewise cast off the chains of limiting belief systems. With her new polarity/husband, she shines like never before, and will undoubtedly write many more books to demonstrate the Possible for legions of “true believers” who have lost their way in the dogmas, social restrictions, and material manifestations of church belief. Mr. and Mrs. Maxey have gathered a small social group to continue their explorations of global spirituality, across religions, and across dimensions. But I think this book is a prelude to much greater work.

Because of Libby’s painful transition to her new life, the book dips sometimes too long (for my taste) in the grubby rivulets of her old life, dwelling in bitterness over a feet-of-clay ex or a power-hungry church leader. Yet countless readers will relish this part the most—because it speaks to their own experience and will give them strength and courage. Before I’d traveled a similar wrenching path, I would have found hope in it. Now I found it amusing, comforting, and at times too slow because I have seen what’s on the other side of those fences! My experience with it is probably not typical, so don’t let this deter you from reading the book. You may be shocked by Libby’s earthy willingness to share all, as gritty as her visionary experiences are eloquent and uplifting.

My only complaint is that I was hoping for more of those transcendent moments, but the ones she does share in this phase of her life were quite magnificent. I applaud her personal bravery in exposing her private life, and I understand her motivation: to show others that this spiritual way of life is not only possible, it is preferable, and it brings with it great personal reward, even while remaining in this troubled world. Family, financial, and social rewards included!

While I traveled a different path of language, concept, and training, my own experience completely concurs with hers. To live with an awareness of one’s Christ potential, and to strive for a greater unfoldment of visionary awareness of the celestial realms—to reach the heart of God and become a part of it—may require many phases of “giving up” one’s old self to embrace the new. But it does not require the kind of asceticism she and I undoubtedly attempted in prior incarnations, thinking that to be the only way. It is not!

Libby Maxey has a beautiful talent for expressing profound insights into this world’s problems. Her wit and vision combine to draw out solutions for the larger scheme of humanity, and to skewer root causes with the barbs of an “ascended” perspective. I am not among her usual readership, but I am nevertheless eagerly awaiting her next round of experiences as a visionary wayshower living in a material world. ( )
  mrsdowney | Oct 17, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145383222X, Paperback)

Called the “Anne Lamott for mystics,” Libby Maxey writes with transparent honesty about EVERYTHING, from the highest visions to the lowest experiences of depression. Like life itself, she is comical one minute and upset the next! To Libby, everything is a part of God, calling for understanding, forgiveness and integration. Libby’s first book "I Am Liberty" tells the story of Libby’s astonishing, home-based spiritual journey. "One Becomes One" tells the story of restoration and fulfillment. "One Becomes One" is the incredible story of twin flames, reunited. Throughout her spiritual journey, Libby deeply KNEW that all the good God had stored up for her would come to her in an astounding rush of energy. Divorced, in debt, a working, commuting, exhausted single mom, Libby persevered and self-published her spiritual autobiography, "I Am Liberty." The book seemed to be her one and only avenue for actual liberation. Praying for miraculous sales, she tried unsuccessfully to find a noteworthy ‘somebody’ to review her book. Libby had one review copy left in July 2005. One click of the mouse changed Libby’s life forever. One click of the mouse opened the door to the astounding rush of energy, more than she could ask or imagine. Libby gave away her last copy of "I Am Liberty" and received ‘miraculous sales’ in excess of a million dollars, her twin flame, the answer to all of her prayers, and true liberty. "One Becomes One" is the story of Libby and her twin flame, Ahyh. "One Becomes One" is the remarkable story of Eden, restored.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:00 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible