Anything to Have You (Harlequin Teen) by…

Anything to Have You (Harlequin Teen)

by Paige Harbison

244428,870 (3)None

Me lo prestaron asi que Lo lei casi sin saber de que trataba . De haber sabido algo mas , cualquier cosa de la trama , no creo que lo hubiese ni mirado de lejos .

Odio el young adult , y libros como este me recuerdan el porque de mi desagrado .

ESte ve mas alla de los sosos triangulos amorosos donde dos amigas se pelean (estupidamente) por un pibe. SI fuese eso nada mas , seguro hasta seria mas entretenido . Pero no , este se da los aires de madurez y toca temas serios para dar un resultado completamente ofensivo e irreal . Una porqueria ; la autora no tiene una puta idea de nada. TUve que dejarlo de lado en cuanto se da la "gran revelacion".... la cual fue la gota que rebalso el vaso .

ME hizo acordar bastante a [b:The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window|13628209|The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window|Kirsty Moseley|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1335789954s/13628209.jpg|19234450] pero sin el sexo explicito (aunque igual de insipido e insufrible) . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This was a cute, refreshing read that has a huge surprise in the middle that really made it unique from other books of its kind.

Opening Sentence: I heard her before I saw her.

The Review:

Anything to Have You is the story of Brooke and Natalie, two friends with entirely different personalities. Brooke is comfortable going to every party she could possibly fit into her schedule and flirting with every boy there, never mind that she’s been with her boyfriend for over a year. Natalie is intelligent, insightful, and a recluse who is content to stay at home alone watching Netflix. One night Brooke convinces her to tag along to a party, in which Natalie blacks out, waking up just knowing that she had sex and way to much alcohol, but with who is a mystery. And as Brooke and her boyfriend Aiden start to break apart, Natalie can’t deny her feelings . . . the girl’s friendship will be tested like never before in these 304 pages.

I enjoyed both character’s points of view, especially Brooke’s, who steadily evolves during the novel. You watch as she goes gradually from snobby, selfish popular girl to a kinder, mellower version of herself that is a better person. Yes, she definitely goes through rough patches, but watching her pick herself up from such a hard situation makes the success all the more sweeter. Not to say Natalie doesn’t change, she goes from very quiet and unsocial to a little more fun and comfortable around people. All in all, however, Brooke has the more substantial development.

This book has a predictable plot, for the most part. That’s why it was such a surprise when a bombshell was dropped around the middle. Instead of being one of those stories that are good, but fade into the background after moving on to a different book, this one stood out a little more. It isn’t that exciting, if you notice the clues I had brushed off, and maybe if I had paid more attention to the tiny details, I would have seen it coming.

The setting was mostly a stereotypical high school, except maybe with a little more drinking. But you’ve got levels of varying popularity, with Brooke at the top, and prom titles that are oh so important, not that this was a bad thing or anything. In fact, the age of the girls (senior year) and the high school itself made a nice environment for this particular plot. If they had been any younger or any older, it might have been a little cheesy, but the author chose a good place and age in my opinion.

Anything to Have You was a quick read that was easy to get into. I’d recommend this to romance lovers or anyone who wants a break from the action and thrillers to immerse yourself in a drama-filled world alike to the one of Mean Girls. It’s only three stars because it’s not anything I’d reread, but I did enjoy it, and I think that everyone else will too!

Notable Scene:

I woke up the next morning with an awful throbbing headache, a sense that I was in a dream and a couple of seriously questionable flashbacks. I lay in the dark room for about five minutes, my hands clasped over my eyes and forehead, trying to make the spinning and thudding stop.When I finally sat up, I almost threw up, and almost screamed. On the opposite side of the bed, luckily as far as possible from me, was Aiden.

FTC Advisory: Harlequin Teen provided me with a copy of Anything to Have You. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Feb 19, 2014 |
I did not think I'd like this book so much, but man! It was unputdownable! ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |
Even though I’d read an enjoyed both of Paige Harbison’s previous novels, I went into Anything to Have You seriously skeptical. Before publication, book’s ratings tend to be fairly high on Goodreads, but Anything to Have You already had 18 ratings and a 2.75 average a month out from publication. Ouch, right? I can totally see why most readers might be having issues with Anything to Have You, because it’s a very non-standard read helmed by unlikable heroines, however I liked it anyway.

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions. ( )
1 vote A_Reader_of_Fictions | Jan 2, 2014 |

Nothing should come between best friends, not even boys. ESPECIALLY not boys.

Natalie and Brooke have had each other's backs forever. Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Brooke is the movie—the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be.

Then it happens—one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:19 -0400)

Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Her friend Brooke is the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be. Then it happens-- one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,649,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible