Fairwood by Eli Yance

Fairwood

by Eli Yance

191537,190 (4.5)None

I was immediately enthralled by the story and writing style. I did not really like any of the characters as no one is really wholesome or without negativity.

At first, I thought this book was simply about the exploits of the two central characters. As I kept reading, I started thinking that there was a twist coming up. Sure enough, the story took a bizarre, but interesting turn in direction. Rather than give it away, suffice it to say that this is a suspenseful thriller that will keep you reading until you find out what happens.

A new author for me to follow. Highly recommend. ( )
  honoliipali | Jan 27, 2014 |

The Bleak and Bright bandits (a.k.a Dexter and Pandora) wanted money and fame, even though the latter came purely by accident. A modern day Bonnie and Clyde, in it for the adrenaline rush with no intention of murder -- that came by accident as well. Max Cawley is tired of his miserable life, made even more miserable by his succubus wife, his sadistic boss and his retiring partner, but his detective instincts are as switched-on as ever and finding the bandits soon becomes an obsession. Fairwood is a dark, twisted, suspense story; an intricate, noir thriller with a mystery twist. Not for the faint hearted.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,389,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible