The Many Lives of Samuel Beauchamp (a…

The Many Lives of Samuel Beauchamp (a Demon's Story)

by Michael Siemsen

203515,329 (3.67)None
demons (1) ebook (2) fiction (1) FW-BN (1) grimport (1) Kindle (2) on-kindle (1) own (1) paranormal (3) to-read (9) unread (1) wishlist (1)

I enjoyed most of this book. I liked the many lives and the little bit of info about the people whose bodies were taken over. I was not so keen on the violent lawyer. I felt it was a bit over the top. Something about that part of the story was not for me. However, I would happily have read more about the demon and the bodies he borrowed. Great idea. ( )
  scot2 | Aug 9, 2016 |
***GoodReads First Reads Giveaway***

This book is how books are supposed to be written. It was smart, witty, suspenseful and overall great. I must say its been awhile that I have enjoyed a book that wasn't a romance per se, quite this much. It was a novel idea, which the writer executed perfectly. ( )
  nubian_princesa | May 27, 2014 |
THE MANY LIVES OF SAMUEL BEAUCHAMP is a paranormal story with a different perspective. From beginning to the end, we hear the story from the demons' point of view. Through every event, we get a glimpse into the demon and how he is seeing things-what he thinks, how he feels, what he sees.

As the story opens, Samuel tells us he has been living in New York for the past three years and progresses from there to eventually tell of his conception and growth into an adult. In this story, the author gives the demon human characteristics and at one time he even has him wanting to pray to God. Samuel is a likable character, which is surprising since he is a demon possessing human bodies. At the same time, Gregor is introduced and we get a glimpse of what we expect a demon to be. The story is easily read and it is over before you realise you've read the entire story. ( )
  Teritree001971 | Oct 18, 2013 |

Samuel Beauchamp has been dead for twenty-seven years, but that hasn't stopped him from living... For reasons unknown to him, Samuel's essence remained after his body was killed, and he discovers that the living emit an irresistible force, drawing him inside where he has the power to take over. After surviving the great depression in the body of a young hobo, Samuel spends years studying the history of his condition, moving from body to body when necessary, and finally settling in New York City in the late 1950's. Following a few years of relative serenity, his beautiful and brash girlfriend disappears, and his search for her uncovers answers to questions he never thought to ask. 18+ Adult Content… (more)

Michael Siemsen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,418,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible