Dark Luminance by E.M. McDowell

Dark Luminance

by E.M. McDowell

ebook (1) MG (1) notbx (1) to-read (2) wishlist (1) YA (1) zombies (1)

The beginning of [Dark Luminance] by [E.M. McDowell] made me feel like I was reading a science journal about quantum physics. Not something I would truly enjoy. It was like the about of detail [Tom Clancy] would put into describing the workings of a nuclear sub in his fiction works. As with Clancy's books a persevered and got through the tech stuff to the story.

The characters were not very well developed but the plot kept the action moving once you got past the beginning. I think as far as the setting went [McDowell] may have kept it purposely nondescript to give you the last feelings of his characters.

Overall I enjoyed the book and I am looking forward to the next. For older people like me I will make a pop culture reference about this book. "Oh boy." ( )
  MsHooker | Feb 22, 2014 |
i'm a fan of scifi. this book is about being pulled into another universe that is at the same time the same and quite different from ours. although i'm not a fan of zombies, i didn't mind the way they were depicted in this novel. it was not too technical that i couldn't follow it. the characters were very likeable, except for Jerrington! from the ending of this book, i'm looking forward to a sequel. hopefully 5, one for each cell. ( )
  JUDY4202 | Feb 19, 2014 |
Science fiction meets horror.The story is great and the characters are strong.This is a fast paced story and you will not want to put the book down. A zombie lovers dream. ( )
  HeatherBennett32 | Feb 18, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a must-read novel. I loved the fast paced style of this book, the characters were strong and the storyline was amazingly written and well developed. I finished the book before I knew it and wanted more. I am looking forward to more from the author! ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Feb 18, 2014 |
Title: Dark Luminance
Author: E. M. McDowell
Publisher: E.M.M.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Review:

"Dark Luminance" by E.M. McDowell was a fast paced sci-fi read. I must say this isn't my favorite genre, however this read kept my interest from the beginning all the way till the very end. I also found some horror, suspense, fantasy and even some thrills in this read. This author really knows how to bring it all in with 'zombies beast' only leaving me to say wow! We find that this doctor and his friends are "transported into a another universe due to the result of something going wrong with their Frameway project." From this transportation you will be taken to a world filled with 'Psidead' who are undead mutants humans zombie's. As this team struggles to get away from the' Psidead' and some other strangers to reassemble the 'technology damaged' that had brought them into this universe, will they be able to make it back home? Now, this is definitely one read that you will have to pick up to see how this author will brought the reader though all of this in this very detailed read. There will be so many twist and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat turning the pages till the end. Be ready for some very 'technical details' that was very interesting for the most part in this read however, I will say there were some parts of it I didn't understand. I did however find the characters were all well developed, well portrayed, and believable in this well written story in their struggle to get back home. For the ending... well again you will have to pick up "Dark Luminance" to read its ending or is it the end? If you are a zombie lover then this read will be right up your alley and I would recommend this read to you as a good read. ( )
  arlenadean | Feb 17, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

E.M. McDowell's book Dark Luminance was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible