Wish I May (Splintered Hearts, #2) by Lexi…

Wish I May (Splintered Hearts, #2)

by Lexi Ryan

202515,329 (4.75)None

4.5 Amazing Stars!!!! If you thought Asher was great wait till you meet William, and we get a little more Asher and Maggie in this one too!!!!

Review to come during Blog tour

OMG OMG OMG Just got my ARC !!!!! ( )
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
I had the fantastic pleasure of receiving and ARC of Wish I May. The minute I finished it I wanted to go post my review everywhere and make everyone go pre-order. It was truly a great book. This was my first book of Lexi Ryan's and she has now earned a spot on my auto buy list. Of course in my haste to read this book, I didn't do my research first. It is actually the second in the series, so there are some spoilers for the first book. But, it didn't keep me from reading Unbreak Me right after I read Wish I May :)

"That was before my life disintegrated around me, as if it were built of nothing but dust."
~Cally

Cally has lived a haunted past. Her junkie mom packed up her and her two younger sisters jetting off to Las Vegas when Cally was in high school. Leaving her boyfriend, Will, and father behind, Cally had to grow up far too quickly and take care of her family... by any means necessary. Will is coming off two broken engagements when Cally comes back to New Hope, and he can't help but fall right back in lust with her. The love come later :) After ending their relationship with a text message and no further communication Cally can't seem to understand why Will doesn't hate her guts. There is so much for these two to talk about but, Cally didn't plan on staying long. She just wants to get her sisters settled with their father and get back to her life as a masseuse in Las Vegas. But getting back to Las Vegas isn't as easy as Cally thought it would be and when her past comes to haunt her, she must leave before Will and the rest of New Hope find out how dark her past really is. Meanwhile, Will is doing everything within his power to make Cally stay, he now understands what he's been missing. Along with a cast of very lovable and dedicated friends Cally is struggling to find a peace with her past, and embracing her future.

"I cup her face in my hands and crush my mouth to hers, hoping she feels every painful and beautiful ounce of my love for her in this moment."
~Will

A lot of Will's back story is in Unbreak Me, but I did not feel lost when I read Wish I May first, and WIM is the first glimpse we get of Cally. These two have such a heartbreaking past. I really ached for them. I just wanted Cally to spew out all of her secrets and for Will to accept them and then they could move on to their HEA. Of course, that would have been too nice and tidy. Ms. Ryan is a tricky writer, just when things are going great... hello ticking time bomb, how are you? And it was one thing after another for Cally, she really could not catch a break. Cally is such a selfless character, she puts her sisters above everything and Will is right there beside her doing anything and everything he can to help, cue swooning.

"Stay. There's nothing you need to run from. I've got you. No matter what."
~Will

In Wish I May we get glimpses of Maggie and Asher (Book #1) and Maggie's sisters Hanna and Lizzie. And you can't help but love Maggie more for trying to protect Will. I mean someone had to, his track record with his heart is a little reckless. While Cally has amazing friends in Hanna and Lizzy she does not have anyone to help protect her heart but, she is such a strong and independent woman that she takes care of that herself. Near the end, my heart was pounding and breaking. I really could not see this ending well, but fear not, there is a happily ever after.

"I loved you enough to let you go. That's the truth. Someday soon I'll have to do it again, and it will still be the truth, even if you can't accept it."
~Cally

No joke, the minute I finished WIM I bought Unbreak Me and read it in one day. Lexi Ryan has a gift. I cannot wait for more books in this series, and to read her other books. She creates a drama filled atmosphere that sucks you in and leaves you a little breathless at the end. She offers equal parts captivating conflict, humor, romance, and raw passion. Trust me when I say you will not regret picking this one up.

Happy Reading!
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  EmilyMcGee | Oct 19, 2013 |

ROMANCE. In this novel from New York Times bestselling author Lexi Ryan, a grief-stricken Cally returns home and reunites with William Bailey, the only man she's ever loved. Contains mature themes.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible