Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews
2322049,816 (4.05)4

OMG! Jim needs help! Say it isn't so!

And our absentminded, half-blind, speed addicted white were-tiger, Dali, is going to save him. Of course we all know that Dali is hopelessly in love with Jim. But how does Jim feel about her? Will Dali finally break through Jim's stoic, hard as rocks personality?

I really would have loved to have had this book written in Jim's POV.

This was one of the most interesting novella's to date, but Dali can be a little annoying with her "woe is me, I'm not beautiful or graceful just very, very smart" attitude. There is an interesting action sc ene,a mysterious aspect and a bit of romance all rolled into one short compact read.

The Asian aspect makes this very interesting - learning about the different cultures and the Gods and deities they worship really kept my interest.

Short and sweet, with a happily-ever-after. ( )
1 vote Cats57 | Mar 19, 2017 |
This is the novella I've been wanting! The story of Dali and Jim. It is something that was teased in one of the earlier novels, but I've been wanting this story. It is the romance of two unlikely people and I loved it.

I have loved Dali from the moment we met her. She is so quirky! She's a shifter, one of the most celebrated in the shifter world. But she's a vegan. Yes, a vegan shifter. And shifting isn't easy for her. And on top of that, she is practically blind. She has self-esteem issues of the highest sort and compensates by drag racing, despite her eyesight. I love her. And then there's Jim. Usually surly, he's the head of security for the King of the Beasts. And, for once, he has to rely on someone else to help him. Enter Dali.

The romance is sweet and rife with all those bizarre issues that exist in relationships. And then if the romance is between shifters? Well, things only get more complicated.

Overall: This is a great side story to the series. They are two very different characters and their relationship is just one I rooted for. ( )
  Kiki870 | Feb 21, 2017 |
Great short read about Jim and Dali. Dali is a strong magic white tiger but suffers from an inferiority complex because she doesn't think she is beautiful. Jim is a strong and handsome alpha with a secret of his own. The characters are from the Kate Daniel's world, but Kate is not included in the story. Great, quick read with a good plot and story development. I look forward to reading more about these two. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
This was a brief novella featuring Dali and Jim from the Kate Daniels series. It was well done and a fun read. I really like reading things from Dali’s perspective and also really enjoyed watching Dali work her own unique brand of magic.

It was also fun to see Jim from Dali’s point of view and to see how Jim acted in more private settings.

My only complaint would be that things ended kind of abruptly. I would have liked a little more Jim and Dali time to wrap things up a bit better.

Overall this was a nice addition to the Kate Daniels series. It’s a cute and fun read and I enjoyed it. It is very short and I wish it had been a bit longer and not ended so abruptly. However, it was fun to read things from Dali’s perspective. I would recommend to fans of the Kate Daniels series; I don’t think this would make a very good stand alone if you aren’t a fan of the series. ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 7, 2016 |
What a great story! I enjoyed the way Dali and Jim worked together and loved Dali's quirky personality. I got a chuckle out of her Tiger's thought process post-shift. Too cute! Her mother was a riot, too. A very fun read! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |

Is contained in

I peered through the windshield of my '93 Mustang.

Short story featuring Dali (were-white tiger) and Jim (alpha of the cat clan).
From New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews comes a tale of darkness, desire, and werecats.

Stricken with a magic-sickness, Jim needs Dali's flair for magic. And to save him, she must challenge a powerful, dark being to a battle of wits.

Includes an excerpt of Ilona Andrews's upcoming novel in the world of Kate Daniels, Gunmetal Magic

Magic Dreams originally appeared in the anthology Hexed.

Alpha Pack leader Jim Shrapshire has always been the strong, silent type. But something has come over him--a magic force currently residing in one of the Pack's headquarters. Were-tigress Dali Harimau has always wished she could get Jim's attention--but now he needs her help.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,979,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible