The King's Sword (Erdemen Honor) (Volume 1)…

The King's Sword (Erdemen Honor) (Volume 1)

by C. J. Brightley

182561,019 (4)1

The King's Sword (Erdemen Honor Book 1) by C. J. Brightley is a tale of honor, support, friendship & loyalty. I gave it five stars. I look forward to reading A Cold Wind (Erdemen Honor, #2) & Honor's Heir (Erdemen Honor, #3).

This is an well written historical novel of a soldier left behind for dead. It tells of his ongoing journey. It is also about a young, untried king. It kept my attention from beginning to end. Sharp as a razor & twice as keen, The King's Sword sliced deep.

I received a complimentary kindle copy from Egia, LLC & NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review. ( )
  carolyninjoy | Jul 16, 2016 |
A retired soldier is wandering around and comes across the prince who had narrowly escaped assassination. Kemen was loyal to the king and took the young prince, Hakan, under his wing. As they wander the countryside, Kemen begins to train the prince in the things he did not learn in the castle, like survival and swordplay. Along the way they picked up whispers of the person who is trying to assassinate the prince, the man who then sat on the throne. Will they be able to gain enough support to return the prince to his rightful place? Will the prince become a strong enough person to lead the country?

While this may be called a fantasy since it takes place in a fictitious world, there is no unique creatures or magic. I would call it a horse-and-sword adventure. It is the first of a series but I doubt I will continue with their adventures. ( )
  mamzel | Feb 13, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0989191508, Paperback)

A disillusioned soldier. A spoiled, untried prince. A coup that threatens the country they both love. When retired soldier Kemen finds the young prince Hakan fleeing an attempted assassination, he reluctantly takes the role of mentor and guardian. Keeping the prince alive is challenging enough. Making him a man is harder. As usurper Vidar tightens his grip on power, Kemen wrestles with questions of duty and honor. What if the prince isn’t the best ruler after all? Invasion looms, and Kemen’s decisions will shape the fate of a nation. What will he sacrifice for friendship and honor?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:51 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible