Fate Of Nations: Einstein Must Die! by Chris…

Fate Of Nations: Einstein Must Die!

by Chris Kohout

A professionally edited, proofed, and formatted alternative history-steampunk mashup that's unfortunately driving me nuts. There's such a mixing of historical characters (Tesla and Churchill and Twain, oh my!) and various technologies (radiation bombs under development at the same time that electricity is being run to homes). Most of it's unrelated to the 1910 era in which the story is set, and so it's impossible for me to take it seriously. Would that I could; it should be rollicking good fun. The onus lies on me, not the author, but I gave up when the exterior doors to the secret lab had no manual override.

It would be unfair for me to rate the book, but this would make an excellent graphic novel, especially aimed at teens and young adults.
  GunnarGrey | Nov 9, 2014 |
Unfortunate to make Einstein appear to be a bad guy. Ever. ( )
  mreed61 | Aug 16, 2014 |
The author mixes steampunk, alternate history, fantasy and sci-fi. A bonanza for all types of fans. I was thinking this work would be a great tool for YA readers to get them interested in history. Start a conversation of what types of armaments fit which century or decade. Use it with students who do not take to reading favorably. But trust me, even for us grown-up types, it's a treat. My thanks to the author and LibraryThing for a complimentary copy. ( )
  musichick52 | Jun 14, 2014 |
This book starts out as a rollicking tale.
Then half way through we now end up using the mind and feelings of a 12 year old Madelaine as a child soldier in a weapon of mass destruction.

Deleted this trash from my Kindle

Child Soldiers International is an international human rights research and advocacy organisation. We seek to end the military recruitment and the use in hostilities, in any capacity, of any person under the age of 18 by state armed forces or non-state armed groups.

This applies just as well to written works ( )
  ericb807 | Feb 13, 2014 |
But first a rant from me to potential readers. If you have wasted your time reading the low rating reviews, please ignore them. Those people take themselves too seriously. The author had no intention of writing a historically accurate fiction story..This book is a fine example of creative writing. Without this type of writing, would Jules Verne be a household name today?

The positive reviewers have explained the storyline very well. For me, I enjoined the cast of characters immensely. The improbable juxtaposition of real events and people makes for an enjoyable bit of entertainment. That is what this book is - a few hours of unabashed fun reading. Take this book for what it is meant to be and you will be pleased. ( )
3 vote honoliipali | Feb 8, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chris Kohout's book Einstein Must Die! was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chris Kohout is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,366 books! | Top bar: Always visible