The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)…

The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)

by Joseph Turkot

Imagine years of rain with no relief!

The Rain is a series of novelettes, each one only a couple chapters long. It is the story of a man and a boy trying to survive in the post-apocalyptic time period where everything is covered in water and all it does is rain. They are in search of a town in Colorado rumored to be the only dry land in the United States. They are constantly being chased by “Face Eaters”, cannibals. Their key to survival is to not trust or care for anyone else. Is this what our future holds? The series is very sad, but addictive. I received the first three parts together free, and I had no choice but to purchase book four to see what happens next. And yes, I will purchase book 5. ( )
  CarolTilson | Dec 17, 2013 |
Story starts in possible near future where catastrophic weather drives humanity insane. Fourteen years ago Russell found Tanner and saved her. Protecting each other they scavenge for food, searching for information. They get a tip and begin trek for Leadville where it is rumored to be dry. Traveling in hope as the veneer that once covered mankind shreds. When I began reading I was unsure what that word veneer meant in the story. Once started I was hooked and before I knew it it was at the end of part one, and I understood how thin the veneer really is in our lives today.

I enjoyed this and I cannot wait to read more. ( )
  Sarkness | Oct 28, 2013 |
Kind of boring. Did not hold my attention very well. Needed more interaction with others that did not include the eating of them at every turn. The ending was lacking. ( )
  sdmarrs | Oct 27, 2013 |
I love this story. I can feel Tanner's fear as she confronts a life of endless rain and horrific predators and most of all, the greatest fear of losing her loving protector and of being alone. I so want this story to continue. Absolutely fascinating read. ( )
  lmacbeth.lori | Oct 26, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Joseph Turkot's book The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Joseph Turkot is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible