A Taste of Silver by S. B. Roozenboom

A Taste of Silver

by S. B. Roozenboom

711,138,814 (4)None

I'm a sucker for the romance part of a PNR and was getting very impatient for that part to start, but when it did the story became really enjoyable. Rose kinda drove me crazy with her immaturity, judgement's, and assumptions. Being in her head wasn't so bad though, I think her relationships helped. I liked her relationship with her father and the guys from his shop, they were all equally protective of her and her father was a lot of fun and seemed pretty cool, although if you asked Rose she would say he was totally embarrassing. Her strained relationship with her mother also added a extra layer of interest to the story. At first I didn't think I would have any connection with most of the characters but as the story progressed I learned more about the ones most important to Rose's story and I found myself wandering what's going on with them at the moment.

I thought Rose had too much angst going on but after learning more about her past and experiences I came to understand her more. Her angst came from missing a piece of her heart, losing someone very close and dear to her at a very young age (won't get into that).

Hayden did seem to bring some joy to Rose's life. I was very happy when she got over herself, stopped making assumption's about him and stopped being fearful of him. Yes, Hayden might have been a jerk at first but I was sure he had his reasons. I liked his description, he didn't sound like the perfect pretty boy but more of an edgy, beach boy brooder. Okay, i'm just gonna say it, Hayden sounds hot, from his appearance one might think he was a beach bum stoner but he wasn't either of those. It was refreshing to have a supernatural being with imperfections (fine, so not imperfect), at least when it comes to his image.

At first I thought this book was probably on the lower end of the young adult spectrum but the language did get a bit more grown up and conversations got heavier. So maybe appropriate for a more mature young adult.

To sum up, in the end I thought this was a very good concept and story, So much more to the plot than I can divulge, you will have to read it for yourself. I really liked it and thought if the story continues it could take so many different routes. It had a nice ending where it can stand alone but it would also be interesting to see where things go for Rose and Hayden. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible