Sweet Rein, Volume 1 by Sakura Tsukuba

Sweet Rein, Volume 1

by Sakura Tsukuba

This was such a cute book. I actually first read this right before Christmas and it was perfect timing. After all, reindeers are in season in December!

Kurumi is your ordinary teenage girl who brushes against a boy who suddenly declares that she is his Santa Claus and he her reindeer! Can you imagine her reaction? What follows is a cute hilarity as she learns to accept her new duty and bond. She is literary bonded to the reindeer, Kaito. By an invisible rein only Santas and reindeer can see.

I love Kaito! He has so much energy and is adorable with Kurumi. He is so patient with her. Lucky for him, Kurumi is a sweet girl. There is a slight possibility of future romance in the air but everything in this volumes is just innocent sweetness.

This would have been perfect as even a one-short but this is just volume 1 of a series. I am curious to see where it goes. The is great from pre-teen through adults! The art is lovely, adorable and impossible to resist!

I received a eBook copy from Viz Media via Edelweiss. So special thanks to them. All opinions stated in this review are strictly my own. ( )
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
Who wants to spend Christmas alone? Kurumi is used to it, but not because she wants to. Without a mom and a dad who works too much, Kurumi’s luck is about to change, if luck is what you want to call it. After an odd run-in with a guy while out walking, he informs her he is a reindeer and she is his Santa, destiny bringing them together with a simple binding of a rein. Doubting his story, he shows his animal form to Kurumi and results in an instant connection between the two.

“You are Kato’s one and only Santa.”

Read the full review at http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/book-reviews/sweet-rein-vol-1 ( )
  crayolakym | Aug 11, 2014 |
I honestly did not think this was going to be my type of thing at all. The plot really sounded lame to me but am I ever surprised to have enjoyed this as much as I did! It is such a cute story. Shojo is not my cup of tea, but Sweet Rein manages to be cute, sweet and romantic without all the "squee" and usual annoying banter I don't like about this genre. A genuine nice book, with lovable characters and such a cute, feel-good plot. After three chapters the book ends with a one-shot story about a vampire whose little daughter arrives at his doorstep, "Sweet Bite Mark", turned out to be a lovely story also and I'm quite impressed with this book. Very light-hearted, but sincere and adorable. Perfect Christmas story for a Christmas gift. ( )
  ElizaJane | Dec 5, 2013 |

Sad at the thought of spending Christmas alone, Kurumi Sagara goes out for a walk. While she's crossing the street, a boy bumps into her, and a rein suddenly appears that binds them together. The overjoyed boy tells her she's his master and that she's a Santa Claus. Kurumi dismisses him as a crazy person, but then he transforms into a reindeer?!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible