The Lazis Project by Marcus Woolcott

by Marcus Woolcott

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added byWordwizardw

No tags.

I received a free copy of this e-book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I found the book simplistic, implausible, meandering, and boring. SPOILERS: A scientist invents/concocts a living being that creates energy, defying physics. This being, corrupted, destroys Earth. The scientist saves his newly-born child in a manner similar to Superman's origin story. The child is raised by alien beings, the last of her kind, but unaware she's not one of these physically totally different creatures. Duh. She's sent to a special school where she has a bright future, except that she's thrown out the first day, because she didn't know taking drugs was illegal. (She's addicted to a drug that takes away all feelings whenever one feels uncomfortable, but has no other side effects.) There are slight traces of political upheaval, a movement against the current galactic government, but they're minimal. She meets a small talking lizard. How would a small lizard be able to talk? Who knows? She becomes a pirate and bounty-hunter chasing the all-mighty dollar. There is nothing sympathetic or admirable about her. She captures a creature that hints there might be OTHER humans still existing, and only it knows where--but another pirate snatches it away before she can find out the location…At this point, if not MUCH sooner, one has to ask--Do I care? The answer is--NO!

I was surprised to receive a message from the author asking me to amend my review! I do not wish to alter my review, as I do not agree with what he says, but in the interests of fairness will append his message:

Gyropitus wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for reviewing my book (The Lazis Project), but I'd appreciate it if you would amend the review so that it's accurate.

Kira doesn't go to a special school, neither is she thrown out for taking drugs. She's also not addicted.

Kira is aware that she's different to the Skelms, but doesn't understand why or how.

The novel does explain how Cesar is able to talk. He's also a Pavouk, not a lizard.

Kira doesn't become a pirate.

And calling something both simplistic AND implausible is somewhat oxymoronic. Please clarify which it is.

Regards,

Marcus Woolcott ( )
1 vote Wordwizardw | Oct 20, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,892,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible