Reasons My Kid Is Crying by Greg Pembroke

Reasons My Kid Is Crying

by Greg Pembroke

"I wouldn't let him crawl into a 400 degree oven."

Hilarious. ( )
  kivarson | May 2, 2016 |
I received this book for free from blogging for books.com ( )
  lilnursesuhy | Mar 4, 2015 |
I read reasons my kid is crying in exchange for honest review. I received a paperback copy of the book.

Pembroke took photos from his children and readers of his blog: Reasons my son is crying and developed the ideas into a book. The book shows photos of children crying, next to the reasons why. The book also inspired me to create a photo collage, showing why my son is crying (on my blog: Perfect Chaos)

In the past few weeks, Kalen has cried because I refused to carry him up the stairs. He cried because I wouldn't pour his water from one cup to another. He cried because he had to get his blood pressure taken.

The book is an hilarious take on why kids are crying. Even the kids got a good laugh out of the book. My nephew wants to borrow the book after I finish writing the review.
  staciewyatt | Sep 13, 2014 |
In this hilarious book, the author shares pictures and quotes from parents capturing their own children having epic meltdowns over the most bizarre reasons.

As a parent, there is no way to deny that all of my kids have had a memorable moment or two that left me shaking my head in wonder - why is my child crying? Why is he so hysterical that his shoe is untied? Why did he just throw himself onto the floor because I used the red cup for his juice and not the yellow? And one of the best - he's crying because I wouldn't let him drink water out of the toilet!
All of the pictures and subtitles in the book are just that - moments our toddlers have had either do to their own reasoning or just common sense that these little babies haven't acquired yet.

The author, Greg Penbroke, originally started this trend when he started to share his own kid's breakdowns on his tumblr/blog. He then started to include pictures of other children from around the world when their parents started sharing pictures that they have captured as well. It has since become a well-known trend among families and friends to share these adorable yet questioning things that causes these little ones to have the most bizarre reactions.

Definitely a laugh-out-loud book to share with other family members over and over again.

I received a paperback from "Blogging for Books" for an honest review. All thoughts are my own. ( )
  thebumblegirl | Jul 14, 2014 |
Heaven knows those of us who have dealt with crying children for years and years and years (and if you are a parent and haven't done so, please email me your secrets) desperately need some comic relief. Pembroke has thankfully given us some, first with his blog, and now with this collection of photos. Fabulous book. Share it. Share it with all the other moms and dads who are suffering. They will thank you. ( )
  debnance | Jun 1, 2014 |

"A glimpse into the tribulations of parenting that is part documentary, part therapy, and completely hilarious. It all started when busy father Greg Pembroke posted a few pictures online of his three-year-old son, mid-tantrum, alongside the reason his son was crying: He had broken his bit of cheese in half. In Reasons My Kid is Crying, Greg collects together photos sent from parents around the world, documenting the many, completely logical reasons why small children cry. Among them: "I let him play on the grass". "He ran out of toys to throw into his pool". "The neighbor's dog isn't outside". The result is both an affectionate portrait of the universal, baffling logic of toddlers--and a reminder for burned-out parents everywhere that they are not alone. "--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible