40 Fun Facts About Sharks! by Gail Trahd

40 Fun Facts About Sharks!

by Gail Trahd

Kindle (1) notbx (1) trivia (1) wishlist (1)

This book is interactive and fun! I really enjoy that you can click on the picture! Lots of interesting facts that little kids really enjoy reading. I brought this over to the kids I babysit and they ate it up! ( )
  Rimkussl | Jun 30, 2014 |
This is a fun, interactive book. My 9 year old son really enjoyed reading it. He particularly enjoyed clicking on the hyperlinks to see if his answers were correct (most of them were - he has other books about sharks). In fact, when he read the book for the second (and third) time, he made sure to click answers that he KNEW were wrong, so he could read the "wrong answer" responses!

I would say that this book is geared toward children who already have an interest in sharks. As mentioned in a prior review, there isn't much background information provided, so a child who knows nothing about sharks would not be able to read this book and then answer the questions.

Overall, a worthwhile book for us - my son likes animals, particularly scary ones, and LOVES to use electronic devices! ( )
  joyceclark | May 15, 2014 |
My grandson loves sharks. He learned a lot from this book and we still read it over. Would recommend it to everyone interested in sharks or fun facts. ( )
  mahree | Mar 9, 2014 |
"I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a quick read, but it is stocked with interesting facts. My son, age 8, is obsessed with sharks and he loved this book. With the question and answer interface it made it a game for him. This book also had some good pictures to go along with the questions. This is one book my son will read over and over." ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jan 15, 2014 |
I really enjoyed looking through this book. I know it's supposed to be more for the juvenile reader, but I looked through it and loved it SO much. I know my seventeen-year-old nephew who already has a fascination with marine life is going to spend hours with this book.

This book is NOT your average book, and if you don't have Kindle for PC/MAC yet, it might be worthwhile to download it from amazon.com. It is interactive, so the only way you will be able to fully enjoy it is by reading it on a computer. I say read, but it's more like a trivia book. You have to select answers to questions. Even if you select the wrong answer, you will be learning a LOT from the statement that follows the answer you give. There is so much to learn in the pages of this book. I would recommend this book for schools where the subject of marine biology is taught or even in a college course where the basics of marine biology is taught. I can also see this book being part of a museum or aquarium. Children, as well as teens and adults will enjoy this book. It's fun while being interactive and educational.

I would recommend this book to anyone, not just marine enthusiasts.

There are a few photos and diagrams, but I wish there were a few more (well, at least a few more to accompany the correct answers). ( )
  Tsisqua | Jan 9, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Gail Trahd's book 40 Fun Facts About Sharks was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Gail Trahd is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible