First Strike (I-Team After Hours) by Pamela…

First Strike (I-Team After Hours)

by Pamela Clare

Series: I-Team (5.9)

First Strike
5 Stars

Not usually a fan of novellas but this one is brilliant. Laura and Javier are smokin' hot together and this novella (which is actually more of a prologue to the full length book) really whet my appetite for reading Striking Distance. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This story starts out in Dubui 2009 where unmarried sex is illegal and a reporter called the Baghdad Babe and a Navy Seal meet in a bar. In this short prequel to Striking Distance we go on the erotic journey of how Laura Nilsson and Javier Combray first meet and spend a weekend having forbidden sex. Even with the main focus being on these two tearing up the sheets the author never lets you forget the danger that surrounds them not only in Dubui for acting on their sexual urges but also with what these two do for a living. Even though it’s clear Laura and Javier connect on a deep level they know this can only be a onetime thing as their jobs are not conducive to being in a relationship. The author leaves us with a huge cliffhanger at the end that shows us the risks of anyone speaking out against the Taliban. Fear not, Striking Distance will be out soon and Laura and Javier’s story will continue. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
This was one of the short prologues to [b:Striking Distance|15704285|Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377922534s/15704285.jpg|21366184], the other prologue is available on Pamela Clare's website. Laura and Javier meet in Dubia City, where is against the law to touch another person in public, or for women to show their shoulders, or many other things that make me think I will never visit Dubai no matter how interesting it sounds. The prologue takes place over a weekend and is a nice steamy read, perfect to pick up right before bed. However, don't read the ending or you will never get to sleep! Save that for the next morning. ;)

4 stars / 4 flames. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
First Strike

All I could think of when I finished this novella was the word "scorcher". It's an amazing story about two Americans meeting by chance in Dubai. Javier Cobray is a SEAL on a weekend of R&R before heading back to the states after a very long deployment. Laura Nilsson is a journalist known for her honest reporting on the war, and "telling it like it is." Her nickname is Baghdad Babe, and Javier can't help but admire her reputation as a reporter and her beautiful body. Did I mention a long deployment?
They meet in an upscale bar when a couple of drunk Russians try to make her acquaintance and won't take no for an answer. Enter Javier. Laura feels she didn't need his help, but who wouldn't want to meet this tall, dark and handsome mystery man? What follows is a sensual, erotic, romantic weekend that Javier and Laura both agree is just a "no strings attached" encounter. At the end of the weekend, they part, each thinking to themselves that someday they would find the other. But that's not really the end........in an epilogue we encounter a shocking, edge of your seat violent cliff hanger, which will make you run, not walk to read Striking Distance.

I have long admired Ms. Clare's work. Her I-Team stories are suspenseful and so very sexy and her historical's are equally so. In my opinion First Strike, and Striking Distance are her best yet.

I received this novella from the publisher and the author for an honest review. ( )
  Pat.Egan.Fordyce | Oct 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,563,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible