Between the Devil and Ian Eversea by Julie…

Between the Devil and Ian Eversea (2014)

by Julie Anne Long

2014 (7) 9/11 (1) Avon (1) Balcony (1) ebook (7) England (4) fav (1) fiction (7) galley (1) goodreads (1) heiress (2) historical (4) historical romance (18) iBook (1) ICL (1) Kindle (2) own (1) paperback (1) Pennyroyal Green (5) rake (1) read (2) read in 2015 (3) regency (10) Regency Romance (3) romance (14) scarred hero (1) series (1) small town (1) soldier (2) to-read (11)

I’m still deliberating with myself why I didn’t love this story. This series started off with a bang, literally and figuratively. But as the series moves on, I find myself loving, liking and “meh” the stories that came after that first book.

We met Ian early on in the series and he was a bad boy that was still likable and I wondered about the heroine that would have the task to “reform” him and set him on the right path. That heroine needed to be made of stern stuff, and what I got was a brat that needed reforming her own ways.

The story gets a bit better by the end, but by then I lost interest in both and my disappointment in the story just didn’t let me enjoy the end.

I did enjoy catching up with the Duke of Falconbridge and Genevieve whose story in ‘What I Did For a Duke’ is not just the best in this series but one of the best novels I’ve ever read.

If you’ve read this series since it came out, then I recommend you read it, but if you’re new to it, I wouldn’t recommend you start with this one.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Well written, but I lost interest in the story. Probably mainly because of the heroine: I did not understand/like her. The balcony scenes were funny, though. I wish there were more of them.
Rating: 5/10 ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Yet another winner from Julie Anne Long. Damn her. ( )
  dukedukegoose | Jan 26, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062118110, Mass Market Paperback)

She might look like an angel . . .

The moment orphaned American heiress Titania "Tansy" Danforth arrives on English shores she cuts a swath through Sussex, enslaving hearts and stealing beaux. She knows she's destined for a spectacular titled marriage—but the only man who fascinates her couldn't be more infamous . . . or less interested.

But it takes a devil to know one . . .

A hardened veteran of war and inveterate rogue, Ian Eversea keeps women enthralled, his heart guarded and his options open: why should he succumb to the shackles of marriage when devastating good looks and Eversea charm make seduction so easy?

And Heaven has never been hotter!

When Ian is forced to call her on her game, he never dreams the unmasked Tansy— vulnerable, brave, achingly sensual—will tempt him beyond endurance. And fight as he will, this notorious bachelor who stood down enemies on a battlefield might finally surrender his heart . . . and be brought to his knees by love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:55 -0400)

"The moment orphaned American heiress Titania 'Tansy' Danforth arrives on English shores she cuts a swath through Sussex, enslaving hearts and stealing beaux. She knows she's destined for a spectacular titled marriage, but the only man who fascinates her couldn't be more infamous--or less interested"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,208,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible