The Christmas Angel by Jane Maas

The Christmas Angel

by Jane Maas

181561,019 (4)None

Get ready for the warm and fuzzies. The Christmas Angel by Jane Maas is an
incredible, heartwarming book that will soon become one of your holiday favorites. It follows a hand-carved Christmas Angel from generation to generation in the Thomas family. Through good times and bad, through heartache and triumph.

I loved how the story is told through journal entries, letters, flash backs, and narrative. It made if feel real as if I were reading someone's diary. I experienced so many emotions while reading this book. And the ending, oh, the ending, made me want to weep with joy. I loved that you got a glimpse into the lives of the Thomas family. I only wish this book was a bit longer so that I could learn more about the characters. However it didn't take long for me to fall in love with the characters, so I guess the length is perfect. This is a book I will read time and time again. Especially around the holidays. I enjoyed reading every page.
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/12/review-christmas-angel-by-jane-maas.html#... ( )
  mt256 | Jan 1, 2014 |

In 1875, Owen Thomas, a poor Welsh coal miner, falls in love with a beautiful London actress, Jessica Lavery. He builds her a cottage in his village, and enchants her with the promise of the holidays they'll share after they marry. According to his special Thomas family tradition, the Christmas tree must always be outside, where it can look up to God. Owen carves her an angel to go on top of their tree, with lavender eyes like hers, a token more meaningful to her than any engagement ring. When Jessica breaks off their romance, Owen, broken-hearted, wraps the angel in his mother's shawl and brings her to America. There, she looks down over five generations, witnessing peace and war, triumphs and tragedies, reminding all who see her that Christmas is the time when families and sweethearts can come together, laughter and goodwill can lighten even the heaviest burden, and magic fills the earth. Jane Maas' book is a story of faith and love. And of the miracle that brought the angel home again.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,120,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible