Killer Instinct by S.E. Green

Killer Instinct

by S.E. Green

Pretty much the most ridiculous serial killer book I've ever read, and yes, I've read a lot of them. A 17 year old who's socially awkward and thinks that makes her a serial killer... of only bad people ... but she doesn't really kill anyone. I was waiting for the ending to blow me away and change my opinion of the book and it did not. If anything it reinforced it, proving me right in my opinion. ( )
  she_climber | Sep 22, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book. Could wait to see what happened next! Hard to put down!!! ( )
  gail616 | Apr 8, 2016 |
Perhaps it is because young adult authors Barry Lyga and Jennifer Lynn Barnes have spoiled me because this attempt at writing about teens and serial killers fell flat. It was almost boring. Lane is a teenager obsessed with serial killers, a hobby that is encouraged due to her mother and stepfather’s jobs with the FBI. She also has certain skills that allow her to do some things that normal teens can’t and don’t do. In this tale, her mother works on a case where the killer targets nursery school teachers every September and cuts apart their corpses, delivering the pieces over time. The only mildly interesting twist is whom the killer turns out to be. Fortunately, it is a book that is easily read in a few hours, because that is all you will want to waste on it. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Jan 20, 2016 |
A departure from my usual choice of reading. Which is probably why I thought the story was disturbing. The need to know who the serial killer was is what kept me interested. ( )
  SueS7 | Oct 18, 2015 |
Where do I even start? This book is sooo good, I just want to re-read it again.

Plot: This is about a girl who thinks like a serial killer. She has urges and researches all events that deal with serial killers. In the midst of her life, there is a serial killer who has become obsessed with her. I have to admit that this story drew me in fast. From the first page, I was hooked! The plot is absolutely devouring. I’m hoping that there will be a sequel!

Serial Killer: I love shows, movies and stories that go deep into the mind of people. I like to understand what they are thinking and feeling. I felt this story gave the reader a deep and emotional insight on Lane. I loved her thoughts, the way she saw things and the way she handled things. There were at times were I saw another side of Lane. She is capable of feeling or loving it is just buried deep. She cared for her brother and did her best to protect her siblings. She also and a love interest which I felt like was good for Lane. And OMG! The way she protects the ones she loves, WOOHOO! I couldn’t stop smiling at that part.

Ending: The ending is quiet surprising. I had no idea that it would turn out that way but oh boy, do I want more. I need more. The ending is even more exciting than the beginning. Brilliant.

Dark and utterly compelling, Killer Instincts is one heck of a book! Page by page, I was lead into this dark but brilliant mind and yet it wasn’t enough. Nicely plotted with a surprise twist, Killer Instincts is amazing. ( )
1 vote Bookswithbite | Jul 13, 2014 |

When seventeen-year-old Lane becomes involved in the search for a serial killer active in the Washington, D.C. area, she worries that her life-long fascination with such murderers has a very real and terrible cause.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible