Monument Road by Charlie Quimby

Monument Road

by Charlie Quimby

August 2013: Just came out as a publishers weekly Big Indie Book of Fall 2013 ( )
  Mark-Bailey | Jul 1, 2017 |
  torreyhouse | Apr 10, 2014 |
Monument Road is a beautifully-written novel of growing up and growing old in one place. Each chapter reads like a short story. ( )
  WaltNoise | Apr 3, 2014 |
I really wanted to like this book but found it too slow. The people, the situations, the dialogue. Nothing interesting happened. Unfortunately I don't see myself finishing this book no matter how hard I try. I'm sure for others it is a really good book but it is not my cup of tea. I received this from LibraryThing Members Giveaway for an honest review. ( )
  Draak | Feb 9, 2014 |
"Part modern western, part mystery, this first novel will appeal to fans of Louise Erdrich and Kent Haruf. Quimby's prose reads so true, it breaks the heart."
—BOOKLIST, starred review
  ConsortiumLibrary | Nov 14, 2013 |

"Leonard Self has spent a year unwinding his ranch, paying down debts, and fending off the darkening. Just one thing left: taking his wife's ashes to her favorite overlook, where he plans to step off the cliff with her into a stark and beautiful landscape. But Leonard finds he has company on a route that intertwines old wounds and new insights that make him question whether his life is over after all"--Amazon.com, viewed November 8, 2013.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,892,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible