Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Perfect Pies & More: All New Pies, Cookies, Bars, and Cakes from…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345544196, Hardcover)After the success of Perfect Pies, National Pie Baking Champion (27 times!) Michele Stuart went back into the kitchen—the same kitchen in Vermont where she first dreamed up the award-winning creations that inspired her to open the popular Michele’s Pies shops. Returning there also meant returning to the cherished pies she learned to bake under her grandmother’s and mother’s watchful eyes, as well as the wonderful cakes, cookies, and other sweet treats that became their family tradition.
In her newest cookbook, Perfect Pies & More, Stuart delves deeper into her roots while creating delicious new memories made with love and care. Inside, you’ll find tantalizing recipes—some easy-to-bake, some requiring a bit more finesse—for dozens of her favorite fruit, nut, and cream pies, and so much more.
• NEW TWISTS ON OLD FAVORITES: Pineapple-Pomegranate Pie with Coconut Crumb, Orange Creamsicle Pie, Almond Joy Pie
• WHIMSICAL PIES: Thin Mint Chocolate Cookie Pie, Key Lime-Blackberry Chiffon Pie, Cannoli Party Dip Pie
• CRUSTS & TOPPINGS: Pretzel Crust, Oreo Cookie Crust, Walnut Crumb Topping
• COOKIES & BARS: Blondies, Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies, Lemon Crunch Bars
• PERFECT FOR A CUP OF TEA: Applesauce Cake, Double Chocolate Bundt Cake, Cranberry-Orange Walnut Bread
• LOVIN’ SPOONFUL: Apple Crisp, Blueberry-Blackberry Turnovers, Bread Pudding
• TOP THIS: Caramel Sauce, Raspberry Glacé, Classic Meringue, Maple Whipped Cream, Chocolate Whipped Cream, Buttercream
Sprinkled throughout with mouthwatering photos, Perfect Pies & More also serves up tips, techniques, and the secrets behind several of Michele Stuart’s National Pie Championship winners—including Banana Coconut Pecan Delight. Now a perfect blue-ribbon pie and other scrumptious delicacies are as close as your own kitchen!
Praise for Perfect Pies & More and Michele’s Pies
“Stuart’s recipes are rooted in tradition and in a sense of how fresh-baked treats can serve as a powerful sense-memory later in life.”—Hartford Courant
“Baking (and eating) fiends, ready your stretchies . . . Stuart’s second book gives the people what they want.”—Daily Candy
“You owe yourself a visit to Michele’s Pies, where pie fillings range from fruits and nuts to butterscotch to just about everything in between.”—The New York Times
“Michele is the undisputed champion of pies, and now she’s sharing even more sweet treats from the oven! Her home-cook–friendly recipes are creative, easy, and delicious. I’m a better baker because of this wonderful book. Happy Dance!”—David Venable, QVC host and author of In the Kitchen with David
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)
Stuart provides tantalizing new recipes-- some easy to bake, some requiring a bit more finesse-- for dozens of fruit, nut, and cream pies, and so much more! From new twists on old favorites to intriguing toppings that change a pie into a creation, you'll find tips, techniques, and secrets to help you make memories.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.