Flotilla of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga,…

Flotilla of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #2)

by David P. Forsyth

711,138,814 (4)None

It took me a mere two days to read all three books of the Sovereign Spirit Saga. Once I picked them up, you couldn't tear me away! Let's get real, I bet this series makes each of you muse over what you would spend your hundreds of millions on should you ever hit the megabucks. The plot is straightforward. Scott, a family man, hits the lottery in a big way. You know boys and their toys. He purchases an old cruise liner and retrofits it to be the ultimate party boat. We're talking helicopters, planes, amphibious watercraft, a cache of weapons; the Sovereign Spirit has it all. On a pleasure cruise with his family and friends, the crew finds themselves in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

The Sovereign spirit is more a tale of survival than death and destruction, oh don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of death and destruction. However, it plays second fiddle to our characters battle to survive and thrive in a world gone dead. Each book can be read standalone, or in succession. Individually they tell a complete battle, together they show us the entire war.

I suspect the male gender will really enjoy reading about Scott and his taking charge of creating safe zones and leading the flotilla of boats that travel in the wake of the Sovereign Spirit. For me, I connected with Carl and his struggles, and perseverance. Carl had a depth of character that I didn't find in the other survivors. My only criticism would be that the female characters left me lacking. In this day and age, women just aren't that fragile and docile. I would have liked to see some girl power gracing the pages. I also had difficulty with the crew continuing to work. I just got back from a cruise, and I know the waitstaff, stewards, and other employees would have revolted. Personally, I would have given a big F-Off to my boss and demanded everyone clean their own rooms.

From what I hear, these 3 books are just the first installment, and there is more to come in the Sovereign Spirit Saga...The saga continues mwuhahaha.

Can we just talk about David Forsyth for a minute? This guy is awesome! He is keen to the fact that in order to keep a buzz going, you must remain relevant. I see him on nearly every blog or group I frequent. I respect that tenacity. That's a guy who's gonna make it. Writers, take note. If you don't sell yourself and put yourself out there, no one else will. Pay attention to this guy. He's got the goods!

Click here to read my entire review ( )
  shanafesta | Nov 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible