Moon Wreck: Secrets of Ceres by Raymond L.…

Moon Wreck: Secrets of Ceres

by Raymond L. Weil

811,035,133 (3.4)None

This review is covering the three first short stories in Raymond L. Weil’s Moon Wreck series. Since I cover all three of them in one review you might find some light spoilers further down if you have not read books 1 and 2 yet and you might want to stop here. If you do, I can just tell you that I found all three books to be an enjoyable light read.

As I said, this is three short stories. Even taken together they make up a rather short, less than 200 pages, novel. Still I quite enjoyed reading them. I have always liked the kind of first steps in space, surprise discovery, changing mankind kind of stories and this one is just that.

The basic story, finding a wrecked space ship on the moon, is perhaps not the most novel one but so what. It is a workable one. Not even the fact that it was not really built by aliens is a novel idea but it still works. The author have taken simple plot elements and put together a fairly well working set of short stories. Each short story have a clearly defined beginning and end such that you get a sense of completion after each one and a feel that you are progressing through the main story arc in a nice enough pace.

Each book more or less centers on a surprise discovery from the discovery of the moon wreck to the discovery of the AI on the wreck and finally the discovery of the Ceres base. Even though there is not much real action going on the series had no problem keeping my interest peaked the entire time. Having said that, the basic foundation for the story, as we have learned it after the third book, definitely builds up for some serious action in future books.

I am not really a big fan of these really short stories but in this case the three stories was already published so I could read all three of them back to back more or less as a single “normal” novel. I am quite happy that I did. The story is a nice adventure/discovery story and certainly have possibilities for the future.
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,198,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible