All I Want Is You by Elizabeth Anthony

All I Want Is You

by Elizabeth Anthony

1920s (1) Ash (1) deceit (1) Duke (1) erotica (1) goodreads (1) lies (1) love (1) netgalley (1) romance (1) schemes (1) scullery maid (1) Sophie (1) to-read (7) walking away (1) war (1)

Within a few pages of beginning All I Want Is You, I knew this one wasn't going to be my cup of tea. The writing style is not one I enjoy reading. Full of purple prose, full of actions and emotions but no real reasons behind them. But I wanted to see where it was heading instead of just judging it by all that. Unfortunately, it just became more and more not my speed as the story went on.

I didn't like the main characters. Sophie has absolutely no reason to fall in love with "Mr. Maldon", he never seems to have a real reason to be interested in her, and I think everyone knew that Beatrice was going to be bad news from the beginning. Sophies relationship with her never seemed to have a point besides setting up a villain.

And goodness, if there was a drinking game for every time that Sophie ran away from a situation she didn't want to deal with/Lord Ashley... Well, I probably never would have made it to the end of the book. It got pretty ridiculous. Especially the last one. The ending of this book just made me want to throw my Nook across the room. When there is finally no real reason they can't be together, Sophie still insists on leaving for America and leaving Ash behind. Wtf lady. Do you just WANT to be unhappy? Cause that was the impression I was getting. That and sequel bait. Which I will not be interested in if it happens.

Copy courtesy of Redhook Books, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |

An innocent girl
1920. Seventeen-year-old Sophie is a scullery maid at a large country house, Belfield Hall, but what she truly desires is to dance on stage in London.

Caught up in a dangerous game
Glamorous Lady Beatrice offers her assistance, though not without an ulterior motive. A new heir - the seductively handsome Lord Ashley - is about to arrive at the Hall: a man that Beatrice will do anything to ensnare...even if she has to exploit her young maid.

Of forbidden passion
What she doesn't know is that Sophie has met Ash once before. And as Lady Beatrice's devious plan unravels, Sophie has two choices: refusee to be a mere plaything for the man she loves so desperately, or give in to the thrill of unimaginable sexual pleasure...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:36 -0400)

A tale of forbidden love between a kitchen maid and her aristocratic master in the roaring twenties.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,375,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible