Amazing Dolphins! (I Can Read Book 2) by…

Amazing Dolphins! (I Can Read Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Sarah L. Thomson

Member:English_Teacher
Title:Amazing Dolphins! (I Can Read Book 2)
Authors:Sarah L. Thomson
Info:HarperCollins (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Easy Readers, Leveled Books, Nonfiction, Animals, Dolphins, Factual Text, Environmental Messages, Wildlife Conservation, Dolphin Communication, Dangers to Dolphins, Elementary Readers, Learning to Read, Science, Oceans, Mammals

Amazing Dolphins! by Sarah L. Thomson

This level-two Scholastic reader hooks in curious kids by starting off with a question: Why do dolphins make the sounds they do? After several pages devoted to answering that question, the text meanders into other loosely related facts about dolphins, and then into messages about the dangers posed to dolphins. Young readers will likely find all of the information interesting, although it may be hard for them to organize their thoughts for recall or to point to a main message. The book does attempt to recap several points at the end, and it does end on a feel-good message. Another strength is offering pronunciation for challenging words (such as echolocation). The photos will be a draw to girls and boys alike. ( )
  English_Teacher | Nov 13, 2012 |
This is a great "I can read book" series. It introduces new words to students with the correct pronunciation. This book had a lot of interesting facts about dolphins, and what I liked about it is that it information on how dolphins were almost becoming endangered species. I would combine this book with a science lesson or let a child read it for their daily reading homework. ( )
  jenvid | Sep 20, 2011 |
This is a wonderful book for the facts (I even learned something new) and the text was appropriate for the reading level.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
  TheReadingTub | Mar 23, 2011 |

Did you know that dolphins . . .

are small whales! can live in rivers! whistle to one another! are sometimes pink!

Featuring outstanding full-color photographs from the Wildlife Conservation Society, Amazing Dolphins! is the latest title in an award-winning I Can Read Book series that takes readers into the amazing world of animals.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:45 -0400)

This easy reader title features high-quality photographs and information about dolphins.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,331,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible