Hunt the Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Hunt the Darkness

by Alexandra Ivy

I truly enjoyed Roke and Sally's story. This story has depth, fighting, twists and unexpected turns, love scenes, personality frictions, great character development, strong plot, & captivating storyline. This is by far my favorite book in the series. Kudos to Ms. Ivy on a job well done. ( )
  SBShepherd | Oct 16, 2016 |
After a miss spell, the hero and heroine find themselves reluctantly mated. The hero has been searching for the heroine for some time because his instincts don't care whether the mating bond is fake or not, he feels the urge to protect her. Finally he finds her in a cabin and after unearthing a music box, the use it to begin to hunt for her father and a way to break the bond. It doesn't take them very long at all to realize that just maybe the are fated to be mates after all and soon it becomes a search for the Fey and the heroine's people instead of breaking off their bond. This story was soo bland I felt my eyes going cross eyed. I don't understand why the authors Sentinel series can be so good and have this series be so lifeless and boring. I think it's because she's become lazy and just uses the same formula over and over again. Insert action sequence here, and queue the kidnapping scene! And by god if she doesn't stop it with the stupid gargoyle I swear and will never by another book of hers again! The hero is weak and stupid and supposedly dark and brooding yet he quite literally the complete opposite from start to finish. The heroine is stupid and overly stubborn and whiny and is like 3 supernatural creatures rolled into one and sucks at being all of them. I couldn't feel any chemistry between them and it's written like the sparks flying off them will set fire to the rain when is reality it's just a pile of mush. The hero says all the right things I like to read about, possessiveness; manly declarations of passion but nothing connects with the heroine. It was like a cheap knock off of an amazing paranormal romance where the author tries really hard to be one of the best in the genre like Gena Showalter or Kresley Cole but actually turns out to be more like Amanda Ashley. (Sorry Amanda Ashley). I think I'm just more hurt and disappointed then anything. I used to look forward to reading this author and I absolutely love her new Sentinel series but this Guardians of darkness has died a painful death. Unless it receive a radical turn around I recommend that it end a noble death and rest in peace. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
4.5 fun stars! Roke is super sexy and Sally is strong and sassy! Lots of action and dialog which keeps the book moving! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
This was another exciting addition to the series. As always there was plenty of action and a ton of sexy men running around and the always charming Levet. This book reminded me of the earlier books in this series as we had a chase around the country while trying to find hidden information all the while there's all that delicious sexual tension. Another new race of paranormal was introduced so I'm looking forward to reading more about them. Loved how strong and take charge Roke was at all times and the fact that Sally didn't back down no matter how many times she wanted to. Good story and looking forward to Cyn's book.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 29, 2014 |
Hunt the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #11) by Alexandra Ivy

Witch/demon hybrid Sally Grace accidentally mated herself to the vampire clan chief of Nevada, Roke. She needs to discover who her father is in order to help her break their bond.

I really like Roke. He is an old vampire that has led his clan for a long time. He is powerful and commanding. He has kept his emotions in check until Sally mated with him. I enjoyed the dynamics of their relationship. She definitely kept him on his toes. They make a dynamic couple.

I found Roke’s irritation with the three-foot-tale gargoyle, Levet, very amusing; their conversations made for some pretty entertaining scenes. I could totally visualize Roke’s annoyance with his unwanted sidekick.

The plot was skillfully done with some interesting surprises. Hunt the Darkness has a lot of action and well described scenes. The ending left me wanting to know what’s going to happen with Cyn. I really hope his story is next.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | May 27, 2014 |

When one of her spells backfires, witch Sally finds herself bound for eternity to Roke, a vampire, in a passionate marathon of love-making that can only end if they figure out how to break the spell.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible